Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Etrip
Hotels.com
All reviews pool area air con turkey next year lovely hotel boiled eggs hotel guests the main strip cleaning ladies minute walk to the beach quiet at night great holiday ground floor double bed beach shoes per day couldn't do enough
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 October 2022

We stayed in September 2022. First time visit at this hotel (as we couldn't get in our usual hotel), but have stayed many times in Olu. We arrived late night early morning so were very please to find our room and bed. Luckily our room was on the ground floor so not many stairs, the grounds were kept clean, and the cleaning ladies worked very hard keeping the rooms as clean as they possibly could. Although the bed was comfortable and the bedding clean the room overall could do with some TLC and was very basic, broken shower, exposed wires and bathroom shower cubicle was very well worn. In the morning we landed by the pool and found our sun loungers for the day. Unfortunately, this is were it went wrong. The sun loungers were either broken or had bird S**t on them, generally not in good condition. The Pool was in a terrible condition. The tiles were green and looked liked it hadnt had a good clean for days, the small pool was not much better with a ring of grime round the top. The gridding around the pool was black and green and broken in places. Upon speaking with other holiday makers it appears that many complaints were made about the pool and people complaing about their rooms but the owner did not appear interested. For me one of the biggest things is the pool as I spend a lot of my holiday by the pool and of course swimming as we are not beach people. This has unfortunately put me off staying again at the ATA! All I can say is that we must have been spoilt by other hotels in Olu that charge the same price within a few quid and you get tea and coffee making facilities and air con included. The plus side for this hotel is the great location.

Reviewed 11 October 2022

We've stayed at Ata Lagoon a few times over the years. Admittedly there are a few areas that are getting a little shabby but overall its still a lovely hotel. Rooms cleaned daily, fresh bedding & towels. Breakfast was ok, if you want an full english it's not included but this isn't unusual.
Pool area was still OK, I've seen reviews saying the pool was dirty and green, that's not true. The channels around the pool which take away the overflow of water need repairing and cleaning out & there's an inlet pipe into the kids pools that's a trip hazard. The actual pool is clean or I wouldn't have got in it...The staff were accommodating, big shout out to Yosef at the pool bar who couldn't do enough & was full of fun.
Overall there are a few issues which could be easily rectified with some tlc over the winter but still good value for what you pay per night.

Room tip: There are no lifts so if you have mobility issues let the hotel know in advance.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2022 via mobile

Have stayed at this hotel about 6 times over the years, in the past this was a very clean and welcoming holiday. However this year was definitely the last. The pool was dirty and green, pool toilets also not clean. The few staff at the hotel was over stretched. Many customers requesting to move rooms due to them smelling disgusting this year there was a extra charge for air conditioning in the rooms. The hotel Manager/owner wasn’t interested in the unhappy customer complaints at all, which is a shame because this was once a very lovely hotel with many happy staff. All the old staff have long gone, only the same old chefs still remain. We can sadly say that we will not be coming back to this hotel again when we return to this lovely resort we will try another hotel next time. I think Jet2 holidays need to reconsider this hotel in the future.

Date of stay: October 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2022

I stayed at this lovely hotel 2 years ago with my Daughter, and we absolutely loved it. Tried to book for last year and it wasn't possible, so luckily enough there's was availability for us this time.

We came as a family of 8 and I had messaged the Tufan the Manager prior to this to ask for a bottom floor apartment as my Mum is a pensioner, which he kindly obliged. Bar 2 of our family the rest of us were put together in chalet bungalows next door to each other, right beside the pool, which was amazing. We were all able to sit on the patio together and have drinks, and it was shaded from the sun. Each of our rooms had a double and single bed in it and it was still spacious. Lots of storage space and drawers, plus a bathroom with a large walk in shower. Emily our wonderful Maid made sure we had clean towels every day and she changed the beds regularly too. She kept the place spotless for us. She works very hard particularly in such a hot environment. She's a very happy go lucky lady, always smiling and I ended up having a very soft spot for her. I needed a lot of washing done and she arranged for it to be taken away, and it was dried and ironed for me at a very low cost. Smelt lovely as well.

Also, another member of Staff called Joseph (pictured in photo) was the nicest guy you could meet! Nothing was too much trouble for him and he was so kind and helpful towards us all. He also works very hard to ensure you have everything you need. Always happy and talkative. I was impressed with how he treated all the guests with genuine respect, especially my Mum and pregnant Niece. He goes above and beyond to ensure you have a great holiday. The rest of the staff are very nice too, and they're not in your face all of the time. Again, all very kind and helpful.

Onto the food. I've never stayed at a B and B with such a wide selection. There's fresh fruit, alsorts of cheeses and meat, jams, honey and fresh rolls and baguettes. There's a machine where you put the oranges into and make your own juice. Plenty of coffee options too and various teas. And you can ask the chef to make you an omelette at no extra cost. There's boiled and scrambled eggs too.
We had lunch a few times too, and it was good. Try the seafood linguini, it's delicious!
I've noticed a lady mentioned about the pool being dirty. Whilst I was there, they cleaned it all out, removed all the algae and hosed down all the sunbeds and around the pool every night, so this has been rectified.

You can bring your own food and drinks into the hotel and there's a free fridge provided. All they ask is that you don't eat or drink them round the pool area.

Air con is £5 a day, which worked perfectly and absolutely needed when it's very hot outside. We didn't mind paying for it at all, considering how we were so well looked after in the hotel itself.

It's very quiet at night so you will have a fab sleep. The Hotel is on the main road but once your doors are closed there's no noise at all.

All in all we had an amazing stay at this really lovely little hotel. I would go back again in a heartbeat! Thank you to every one of the staff for all your help and kindness shown. It was much appreciated! Hopefully see you again soon.

Room tip: Rooms 501 to 506 are bungalows right beside the pool and fantastic for people with mobility issues.
2  Thank Allypally68
Reviewed 27 September 2022 via mobile

Just returned from ATA Lagoon having spent 11 nights there, out of which we only spent 1 full day around the pool due to the cleanliness and condition of the pool are, it’s filthy!!! There are sections of grates around the pool that are missing with what appears to be green Algae in them, also where the sections are present they are filthy and don’t appear to have been cleaned in a very long time. We complained to the Jet2 rep who replied she had previously had 2 other complaints about the pool area but thought it had been sorted out , well clearly not !!! This is a health risk to say the least .Also quality of sunbeds is poor we saw 2 of them break when people sat on them as our balcony overlooked the pool area. On a positive the room although small and compact was clean and the fridge and balcony area a bonus. We weren’t expecting luxury but cleanliness is a must particularly in the pool. We have stayed in many hotels in Olu Deniz and this is by far the worst . We won’t t be staying again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple