“Great location & great people!”
Review of Play Hostel

Play Hostel
Reviewed 22 March 2017

Play Hostel was perfect for my first week in Argentina, the location is amazing(close to bars, restaurants, museums, and beautiful parks!). The hostel is laid back with cheap beer for sale and bars close by, you can go out to party if you choose or head to sleep early if you want! I have already suggested this hostel to a number of other travelers!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Kayla H
Alvaro B, Gerente at Play Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2017

Thank you very much for your comments , we are grateful for choosing us for your stay in Buenos Aires.

Reviewed 22 February 2017

At first, I was suppose to stay in Playhostel for a week, but since I was working in Bueno aires, I decided to extend my stay in this hostel for more than a month. Mainly because the appartements in this area weren't affordable and also because I felt at home there!

1) Well located;
2) Price is pretty cheap if you look at the prices in the area;
3) Really clean and well maintained;
4) Rooms are well designed with electric blugs and a individual mural light for each bed.
5) The beds and pillows are really confortables for hostel's norms.
6) The kitchen is big and furnished. I really enjoyed the commun areas, they are large, illuminated with either high ceillings or no ceilling (spanish architecture) and decorated without overdoing it like some hostels tend to do.
7) Alvaro and Pablo (the two managers of the place) are accommodating and work really hard to make this hostel a beautiful, secured and confortable place to stay.

The only down sides:
1) The showers can somethings be cold (about 1 out of 4 times)
2) The rules could be a little restrictives and conservatives, again, in terms of hostel's norms.

Room Tip: If you are looking for the cheapiest room: the 10 bedroom dorm is bigger, more ventilated, and more...
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Alvaro B, Gerente at Play Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2017

We have repaired the problem with showers and our rules are to guarantee that every guest sleeps at night!

Reviewed 28 January 2017

Based on the good reviews and ratings i booked a private room with bathroom included for 3 nights. To start with the shower did not work as the cold tap was broken and without it it was very hard to take a shower.

I was given a room just next to the entrance and to the small patio downstairs where some people gather at night to talk and drink and in the morning before they start the day. As the walls/doors are very thin this means that I had to wake up with the first early birds (around 7a.m.) and stay awake until the last people decided to leave the patio (usually post 1a.m.). This was made even worse by the fact that the reception itself would play loud music until very late at night.

On one instance (which i had to wake up early the following day and could not sleep with the noise) i asked the girl in the reception if there was any other room and when she told me there was not if she could turn the music down and ask the people to move to the common area upstairs or somewhere else. Her answer was that they could not go upstairs because the neighbors would complain with the noise (I would have very much appreciated the same concern for me) and so that she would just ask the people to do less noise (but not to move). As it is normal with large groups this had no effect and so the music + a lot of noise stayed well into the night...

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Alvaro B, Gerente at Play Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2017

Dear guest, thanks for taking time to rate us, all reviews are appreciated to improve our service.

I´m sorry if you had a bad experience during your stay at Play Hostel, we work every day to give our guest the best value for money and more.

Regarding your complaint, this might happen when a group is large, to avoid this type of problems our rules regarding noises are more strict now.

We appologize again and hope you give us a chance to show you the improvements.

Thank you very much and I will appriciate your feedback.

Reviewed 10 December 2016 via mobile

A relaxed enviremont with nice staff and great travellers. It is not the cleanest hostel i stayed in, but it is worth the stay. The bathroom facilities are not enough, especially when the hostel is full. The kitchen is good and well equiped. The beds are comfy. And i just loved the paintings on the walls of the hostel. I would definitely recommend this hostel because of the location, the vibe and the great staff!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Alvaro B, Gerente at Play Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2017

We appologize for the inconvinient and hope you give us a chance to show you the improvements.

Thank you very much and I will appriciate your feedback.

Hope to see you soon !

Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

During my South America journey Play Hostel was my first hostel. I'll also remember as one of the best out of 20 more hostels I stayed last 1 1/2 months. Staff are very friendly, supportive and generous. It's close to best night life you can get in BA. Certainly I'll stay again

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo