US$263
  • Restaurant
US$149
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$172/night.

Bulnes Eco Suites(Buenos Aires)
US$127
US$103
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$118/night.

Dazzler Recoleta(Buenos Aires)
US$109
Hotels.com
US$77
  • Breakfast included
Argenta Tower Hotel and Suites(Buenos Aires)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$451
US$343
Priceline
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$414/night.

US$200
US$190
Priceline
US$879
US$535
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 February 2017

At first, I was suppose to stay in Playhostel for a week, but since I was working in Bueno aires, I decided to extend my stay in this hostel for more than a month. Mainly because the appartements in this area weren't affordable and also because I felt at home there!

1) Well located;
2) Price is pretty cheap if you look at the prices in the area;
3) Really clean and well maintained;
4) Rooms are well designed with electric blugs and a individual mural light for each bed.
5) The beds and pillows are really confortables for hostel's norms.
6) The kitchen is big and furnished. I really enjoyed the commun areas, they are large, illuminated with either high ceillings or no ceilling (spanish architecture) and decorated without overdoing it like some hostels tend to do.
7) Alvaro and Pablo (the two managers of the place) are accommodating and work really hard to make this hostel a beautiful, secured and confortable place to stay.

The only down sides:
1) The showers can somethings be cold (about 1 out of 4 times)
2) The rules could be a little restrictives and conservatives, again, in terms of hostel's norms.

Room Tip: If you are looking for the cheapiest room: the 10 bedroom dorm is bigger, more ventilated, and more confortable than the one of 9 beds...
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Alvaro B, Gerente at Play Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2017

Thank you very much for your comments , we are grateful for choosing us for your stay in Buenos Aires.
We have repaired the problem with showers and our rules are to guarantee that every guest sleeps at night!

Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 28 January 2017

Based on the good reviews and ratings i booked a private room with bathroom included for 3 nights. To start with the shower did not work as the cold tap was broken and without it it was very hard to take a shower.

I was given a room just next to the entrance and to the small patio downstairs where some people gather at night to talk and drink and in the morning before they start the day. As the walls/doors are very thin this means that I had to wake up with the first early birds (around 7a.m.) and stay awake until the last people decided to leave the patio (usually post 1a.m.). This was made even worse by the fact that the reception itself would play loud music until very late at night.

On one instance (which i had to wake up early the following day and could not sleep with the noise) i asked the girl in the reception if there was any other room and when she told me there was not if she could turn the music down and ask the people to move to the common area upstairs or somewhere else. Her answer was that they could not go upstairs because the neighbors would complain with the noise (I would have very much appreciated the same concern for me) and so that she would just ask the people to do less noise (but not to move). As it is normal with large groups this had no effect and so the music + a lot of noise stayed well into the night...

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Alvaro B, Gerente at Play Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2017

Dear guest, thanks for taking time to rate us, all reviews are appreciated to improve our service.

I´m sorry if you had a bad experience during your stay at Play Hostel, we work every day to give our guest the best value for money and more.

Regarding your complaint, this might happen when a group is large, to avoid this type of problems our rules regarding noises are more strict now.

We appologize again and hope you give us a chance to show you the improvements.

Reviewed 10 December 2016 via mobile

A relaxed enviremont with nice staff and great travellers. It is not the cleanest hostel i stayed in, but it is worth the stay. The bathroom facilities are not enough, especially when the hostel is full. The kitchen is good and well equiped. The beds are comfy. And i just loved the paintings on the walls of the hostel. I would definitely recommend this hostel because of the location, the vibe and the great staff!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Alvaro B, Gerente at Play Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2017

We appologize for the inconvinient and hope you give us a chance to show you the improvements.

Hope to see you soon !

Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

During my South America journey Play Hostel was my first hostel. I'll also remember as one of the best out of 20 more hostels I stayed last 1 1/2 months. Staff are very friendly, supportive and generous. It's close to best night life you can get in BA. Certainly I'll stay again

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo

Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 13 October 2016

I'd read loads of good reviews on Play Hostel before selecting it for my first stay (of 4 nights) in Buenos Aires. There are plenty of positive points I can make - friendly, helpful staff, great location in Palermo Soho, great value, decent breakfast, comfortable beds and I'm sure it would suit many people.

However, for me, it just wasn't suitable. It was definitely a pretty young crowd and perhaps I just got unlucky in my room, but I found that people were pretty much coming and going all night - coming in at 4am, 5am, 6am etc and so I never slept that well. I wasn't even in bed early (always after midnight) but with people coming and going all night, it made it difficult to sleep. The other fault I have is the bathrooms. It was great that there was always hot water, but they always seemed pretty unclean and the toilets were often broken which isn't ideal.

So loads of positives and if you're looking for a super cheap hostel and in a great location then this would fit the bill. If you want somewhere a bit quieter with more reliable bathrooms, then maybe look elsewhere and pay a little bit more!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Alvaro B, Gerente at Play Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2017

Regarding people coming and going, it is usual in a SHARED room if you stayed in a room 9 or 10 people. Anyway as you said, sometimes is lucky but if you are booking a hostel in any part of the world, you should now that is a risk may happen...
Regarding cleaning, we are working to give a better service, we have talked with our housekeeper to improve this matter and also put additional personal during the afternoon.

We appologize again and hope you give us a chance to show you the improvements.