“nice location”

Sheraton Libertador Hotel
Ranked #141 of 444 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed 29 September 2012

Nice hotel great location. The room is ok clean and enough big. Breakfast is ok but not too much choice. Hotel is well located very close to 9th avaneu. The spa and sauna top of the hotel with great view. Just entrance of the hotel seems old need to restoration. The desk staff polite and helpfull but their english does not understandable. dont compare between europen sheraton but its fine.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Korti77
Write a ReviewReviews (1,327)

Reviewed 28 September 2012

the hotel is located in a very central area , with excellent restaurants and good shopping nearby.The hotel staff is very friendly and eager to help .Rooms are spacious and although not modern looking they are very clean and functional.The breakfast buffet is good and I appreciated the extended schedule.WiFi is not free and not easy to connect to but the purchasing price is fair and the front desk people very helpful in assisting with any technical troubles.I enjoyed our stay there and I would use this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Great area. Next door to one of the best shopping centres in Buenos Aires. Walking distance to all main shopping streets and important landmarks. Friendly reception. My only complaint is that I booked through booking.com and once I arrived my husband gave them his spg number to accumulate the miles for our stay. They said nothing to him. Only upon our return when we contacted them to find out why the miles were not being awarded to our account did they mention that since we had booked through a different site we would not get our points.
I think this should have been clarified upon our check-in so that we may have been able to do something about it. It may not sound like a big deal, but redeeming miles is one of the ways I use to pay for my trips.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Riosal
Reviewed 24 September 2012

The room was quite comfortable and clean. Service was reasonably good, when I asked a power adapter they took so long that I had to ask it again.
There are no glass doors in the shower, just half of it, so the floor gets completely wet after a shower. The exhaust fan in the bathroom was not working and cigar smoke invaded the room every night, perhaps from the exhaust channel. Talked to the guest service staff but was not helpful at all.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask a room where the exhaust fan does work in the bathroom. There was no switch to turn...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 September 2012

To start, the location of this hotel is magnificent. It is even better that the Sheraton Convention close by. Literally a block away from Galerias Pacifico. An unbelievable shopping mall. Lets start with the check in process. Painless, no wait, and Carlos checked us in in no time. He is an extremely pleasant agent. I almost dealt with him everytime. I recommend asking for him.
Also Florencia in the reservations department treated us almost like royalty and took care of our accomodations. We had Turndown service everyday without even asking and since it was my wife's birthday, we got a little goodie sent up to the room on check in day.
They room itself was clean as a whistle. I recommend tipping the room attendant every other day as an incentive and the room was clean as it could be. She even got us a vase to put flowers that my wife got for her birthday. We stayed for 11 nights and got access to the club level lounge. The breakfast area on the 21 floor was a must everymorning. Great Medialunas and Dulce de leche. Ham, cheese and scrambled eggs for the American Breakfast lover. (very complete buffet). Afternoon ourderves, and wine completed the experience.
The rooms appeared recently renovated as the furniture did not have a single scratch. THe pool looked very tempting but did not use it since did not pack swimming trunks.
This hotel for sure will be my next stop next time I travel to Buenos Aires.

Room Tip: Join the SPG program. Travel enough to get access to that swell Club Lounge. Worth it.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family