“Value for money”

Sheraton Libertador Hotel
Ranked #136 of 442 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

Excellent service from all functions. Dated rooms but clean. Bathrooms well serviced. Good security, thus safe. Good breakfast. Good room service. Not too expensive and you get what you pay for. A lot to see and shop at walking distance.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Ileana L, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Libertador Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Dear Gert M,
We appreciate you staying with us and sharing your experience. On behalf of my entire team we thank you for your positive comments. It is a pleasure to know that our associates were very helpful and you had a pleasant stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in a near future.
The Management.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,346)

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Adorable reception staff, very kind and respectful. Hotel is perfectly located in microcentro, 1 minute walk to Galerias Pacifico mall and Florida pedestrian st.
The hotel rooms are cozy but furniture looks like you are traveling in a time machine to the 80’s
Although the TV is modern
Breakfast is Ok, still I would always suggest to have brunch in an Argentinian cafeterias (there is per example a “Pani” store 2 blocks from the hotel)

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Ileana L, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Libertador Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Dear Ifi T,
We appreciate you taking time to share with us your experience while at our hotel.
Thank you for your positive comments. We are continuously working to ensure flawless
service and to provide great experiences for our guests. As well we have shared your review with the head departments involved to make improvements where is need it.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.
With regards,

Reviewed 15 October 2017

We stayed at the Sheraton Liberator for a conference in Puerto Madera, which is nearby. This is a very good 4-star hotel which is clean, bright and well-kept, with professional, helpful and courteous English-speaking staff. (Of note, there is also a higher-end Sheraton in a different, but nearby, section of Buenos Aires). We stayed on the club level floor, and felt we had all the amenities needed for a comfortable 1-week stay. (Amenities included a safe, mini fridge, complimentary bottled water, bathrobe/slippers, full length mirror, coffee/tea pot and turn-down service. Irons are available on request). The staff in the concierge room are friendly and accommodating, although it would have been nice to have experienced a little more variety in the breakfast and afternoon food choices after so many days. The hotel has a well-heated indoor pool with generous hours (6am – 10pm). Some guests managed to swim laps, although I found the square shape a little too awkward to do so. The gym is adequately equipped for a few guests at a time. Of note, the hotel does not exchange money, but there are plenty of ATMs in the area. I found the HSBC ATM in the nearby mall on Av. Florida to be the quickest, as the screen immediately appears in English. I would definitely stay here on future trips to BA.

Stayed: October 2017

Dear graymond917,
Thank you for choosing Sheraton Libertador Hotel for your recent visit to Buenos Aires city and sharing your experience as well.
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay in our property and we really appreciate each one of your comments.
We look forward to receive you again.

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

Hotel staff is really friendly. WiFi is overpriced and the rooms are not that great.
Breakfast was good, with good amount of options.
I could have been better considering this hotel costs about 200 USD per night.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Dear dxbgabbh,
We really appreciate your review, this helps us to know what we need to improve and take measures in those areas which so require. Thank you very much as well for your good comments for our associates. We look forward to receive you again.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

While this was one of the most expensive places to stay in Buenos Aires (About $200/night and $50 more if you want WiFi) it was a welcome, safe, comfortable night.

Rafael at the front desk could not have been more helpful. He was professional and what you'd expect from Sheraton's service. As a former hotel exec myself, I appreciate a team that consistently delivers and this team did!

While the lobby is impressive, the rooms are just "ok" for that price in Buenos Aires. And, I wish Sheraton would keep up with the times and not charge that $50/night for WiFi on the executive floor...Sheraton - it's 2017:) WiFi is supposed to be FREE, remember?

The hotel did throw in "snacks" and free wine on the exec floor which was included in the price of the $50 WiFi and I didn't actually have to go out to dinner, as there were 4 entrees offered along with the "snacks". So, I didn't mind paying it. Plus, I needed to be connected to work and family so...

I've never traveled completely alone this far from home before and in a foreign country, no less, where my second language is French and that doesn't help me here:) But, the hotel staff spoke fluent English and I was made to feel welcome from the moment I stepped out of my taxi!

There were two beds in the room. Thankfully, one of them was a quality bed. The other? Let's just say that bed belonged in a Motel 6. It was out of shape, and has seen better days (hmmm...reminds me of myself!).

The carpet in my room was super stained and I also had to crawl under the night stand to plug in my laptop and phone.

Couldn't figure out how to adjust the room temperature and then read another review that maintenance needs to do it for you. So - Sheraton - another necessary upgrade needed here. But seriously, I was too jet lagged and tired after traveling for 27 hours, and bundled up and went to sleep.

I went to the 22nd floor to look at the pool and workout facilities and also requested a spa services menu. The spa attendant's English was almost non existent, but with a winning round of charades and using many hand gestures - we communicated just fine:)

The pool looked clean but there was no ambience for the spa services (it was like checking in at your local gym without the eye candy) and the menu only had prices listed for the massages and nothing else on old, watered paper. And, for those spa prices in BA? Sheraton, you'd better greet me with cucumber water, fuzzy slippers and a perfect English speaking attendant. I decided to book my spa services elsewhere.

And, finally, my card was actually charged through TripAdvisor and Amex sent me a notification as such. However, when I tried to check-in, they also charged me (I was just too tired to argue at that point). But, the next morning, I saw it was removed from my card and only the $50 for the WiFi upgrade was charged. So, they fixed it.

Overall, safe, friendly and quasi-clean. But, on my next two scheduled trips to BA, I'll be using Airbnb. Sorry, Sheraton.

Room Tip: Old rooms. Great service. Safe.