We stayed at the FS B.A. for five nights in February 2012. I am pleased to say that the hotel and staff were excellent. Upon check in we were offered a few upgrade options and chose to pay a bit extra to stay in the Ambassador suite in the mansion. It was worth the extra dollars and made for a much more authentic local experience.
There are many reasons that we choose to stay at the FS properties but most important is a feeling of security, calm, and luxury. This property lives up to the FS standards and delivered on all those expectations. I have detailed some comparisons to two other noteworthy properties in BA.
Feana Hotel and Universe - I came close to splitting up our stay and sampling a few nights at this hotel. We had lunch by the pool, took in the Rojo tango show, and received a tour of one of the suites. The building and decor was quite impressive but some finishes seemed extremely trendy. We felt that the Feana was more of a scene than a calm and relaxing hotel.
Park Hyatt - A friend raved about this place and I can see why! It is a definite must see, if you are not staying there then you muse go over for some expensive drinks on their terrace. The hotel has a very luxurious feel and an attentive staff. I can see why people enjoy staying at this hotel.
Overall my conclusion is that all three are good choices but that the edge still goes to the FS! The location is better for tourists then being in the Puerto Madero area where the Feana is located. SInce locations are similar to the Hyatt I guess that it comes down to the staff and extra amenities. The staff at all three hotels were excellent and so I have to say that having an outdoor pool to come back to in the afternoons really puts the FS property over the top.
Room tips - Ask for a mansion suite. They are very private and cool but do not pay extra for a room on the 7th and 8th floors of the tower. They sell it as an upgrade due to a free coffee and soda lounge. Those free drinks are actually in the lobby right off the elevator on the 7th floor and it was frequently not well stocked. Since there was never any food I found that it was not worth any added cost.
They included breakfast and it was good. There was very little variance each day but overall the quality of the items was solid. We found Le Dome bar was nice place for a nightcap.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sophisticated High-rise Hotel incorporating an elegant turn-of-the-century French Mansion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Four Seasons Hotel Buenos Aires reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Hotel Buenos Aires
- Four Seasons Buenos Aires
- Buenos Aires Four Seasons