See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

I stayed one night due to a 12 hour overnight connection time between flights. The hotel was quite satisfactory for this. Due to an early departure I was unable to make use of the breakfast which was included in the cost. One of the hotel booking websites which I consulted (not the hotel's own website) claimed that the hotel offers an airport shuttle, but I found that all they do is book a taxi for you, which presumably any other hotel could also do.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Sarmiento Palac... H, Enc de Reservas at Sarmiento Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Dear John. Thanks for your comments, It is very important for us. Yours sincerely

Reviewed 17 January 2016

We stayed at this hotel before flying out of BA after a cruise based upon recommendations from TripAdvisor. A fair price for a quad room which was clean with bathroom facilities and free included wifi. Nothing fancy, but perfect for our needs.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank JulietheCruiseDir
Reviewed 16 July 2015 via mobile

It's not quite near the center - 20min walk to Recoleta, 30min walk to Palermo.
It's a basic hotel - u get what u pay for. However our room was clean and comfortable, view wasn't great (overlooking another room). Staff were accomodating, breakfast was great.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Teresita B
Melina Solange A, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Sarmiento Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2015

Thanks Teresita for your review. We hope you have a great year.

Best regards.

Lic. Melina Solange Attie

Reviewed 8 January 2015

This review is from a 7day stay on August 2013.

This is an ok hotel for budget travelers. Room could be cleaner, I had a hard time with allergies because of carpet floor.
Even though I had asked a room without carpet floor when booking, they gave me one with carpet floor. When I asked to trade rooms they only had available 2 other rooms with wooden floor but were very very tiny, I had to choose space over allergies because I needed to work and only the original carpet floor room offered enough space to sit on table with my laptop and a power socket nearby.

The view from the window is a construction site and a back alley. The windows looked dirty.

Breakfast looked nice initially until I found rotten bananas on my second day. Has poor variety on juices too (and they're not fresh fruit juices, they're one of those powder mixtures like juices).

They also pay no attention to security details, they passed a call to my room without enquiring me first. Turns out I was being harassed by a taxi driver that I had asked the reception to call on that morning. I'm a female and was traveling solo, this was distressing but nothing bad happened (I just had to make vey clear that no calls were to be transferred to my room).

The restaurant food is ok and not too pricey. Fitness center was closed down when I visited.

The elevator is a joke and barely fits 2 persons and is very very slow.

On the positive side: location is convenient, close to Av Corrientes that pretty much takes you anywhere (public transportation, shopping, theater).

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Melina Solange A, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Sarmiento Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2015

Thanks for your comments. We are taking out all carpet floors and putting wooden floor but it is a hard work to do. We almost have 50% of the rooms completed. Regarding to elevators there is nothing to do, just offering our 3 elevators to guests. We are also improving our breakfast adding more variety of pastries.

Sorry for any inconvenience on your stay. We apologize for that.

Kind regards.

Lic. Melina Solange Attie

Reviewed 9 December 2014

I got this hotel during our package tour and I must say, I was positively surpriser. Although the rooms were bit outdated, they were clean, quiet, equipped with bath amenities and the hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Especially the location was great; for a relatively small amount of money we were only 2 metro stops/15min walk from the Obelisk right down the next (large) street; there were many small grocery shops, bars and value-for-money restaurants and the hotel bar (bit more pricey) stayed open 24/7. Breakfast was a bit poorer, but still OK for Europeans. Definitely worth visiting if it pops up as your choice.

Room Tip: No idea, for "sleeping and breakfast", any room will do, even the one near the elevator.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo
Melina Solange A, Asistente de reservas at Sarmiento Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2014

Thank you for your comments. We looking forward that you return again.

Best Regards.