Infinito Hotel(Buenos Aires)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$64
US$138
US$127
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$168/night.

Mine Hotel Boutique(Buenos Aires)
US$206
US$166
Dazzler Recoleta(Buenos Aires)
US$105
  • Breakfast included
Feirs Park Hotel(Buenos Aires)
US$140
US$87
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$124/night.

Hilton Buenos Aires(Buenos Aires)
US$324
US$263
  • Restaurant
Bulnes Eco Suites(Buenos Aires)
US$122
US$103
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$118/night.

Argenta Tower Hotel and Suites(Buenos Aires)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$77
US$169
US$161
Priceline
US$549
US$535
  • Pool
All reviewstop floorgreat artblackout shadesgreat hotelmodern hotelsister hotelnespresso machinebusiness hotelnice poolrestaurant staffbuffet breakfastbusiness districtstar hotellarge bathroomsouth americaloved this hotelexcellent stay
Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

Great location and the room is clean. Walk to most landmarks. Service at the reception is friendly and amenities are sufficient. The bed is a bit soft for me but is tolerable. Bathroom is large with double sinks that I like a lot.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
NoeliadeCelis, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Alvear Art Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2018

Dear Guest :

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Alvear Art Hotel. We are very grateful that you has filled out our survey which I have personally read.

We are convinced that our guests´ satisfaction is our most important value; we continuously strive to make their stay at The Alvear Art Hotel an unforgettable Experience.

The Alvear Art Hotel feels very grateful for your opinion and our staff is looking forward to welcome you once more as our guest many other times in the future.

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

great in all aspect except breakfast has limited choice and almost same every day.
Excellent service and rooms and bed. Very clean and dining was exceptionally good- world class chef and service. Conveniently located near Florida shopping St. Highly recommend to all tourist.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Gordon:

Reviewed 12 January 2018

While the hotel room and facilities and housekeeping were in line with the high LHW quality we expect, we were in disbelief about the poor customer service and management in this hotel:

We checked in around midnight after arriving from a delayed flight on December 29th. Understandably tired, both couples went directly to their rooms on separate floors. My boyfriend and I were on the 15th floor and his parents were on the 9th. When we called them to say goodnight, they explained that they had entered their assigned room with their electronic key card and found someone already in the room. The guest in the room had been roused from his sleep by their entry and had charged at them yelling, pushing the door and screaming. My boyfriend's parents were in shock (the bell hop had not yet arrived so they were completely alone and had to run to the elevator and back into the lobby to get help). The receptionist downstairs apologized, said it was a mistake and offered to upgrade their room but that no upgrade was currently available. My boyfriend's parents would have to contact someone the following day. They were reassigned to another room. We went to sleep that night feeling like the hotel was unsafe.

There was no dedicated concierge available for the entirety of our stay. The one (or, in peak times, two) receptionists in the lobby had the job of checking all guests in and out as well as acting as concierges for the entire hotel over the holiday. As a result, phone calls to the reception desk were frequently unanswered and the wait to ask a simple logistical question sometimes took half an hour or more as guests with both billing questions and those who simply needed directions were in the same line. It was difficult to get useful recommendations – many of the places we were directed were tourist traps, and we stopped trusting input from these receptionists. This can be expected from budget hotels; however, we felt the experience was a notable contrast to the wonderful service we usually receive in LHW hotels. When we needed a taxi, we frequently had to walk outside a few blocks away to find our own as there was no one available to call one for us and the hotel did not have a taxi request system.

Despite the poor welcome, my boyfriend's parents stayed in their room because phone calls for an upgrade went unanswered downstairs, and we didn't want to spend more time in line and in the hotel waiting to address the issue. Bottom line – an upgrade wouldn't have made up for the feeling that we had to be vigilant on the property. We met with manager on duty on the second day, and he apologized profusely and comped a half bottle of wine and 4 chocolates to their room for the negative experience. They did not seem to understand where the mistake came from or how to prevent it from happening again.

Indeed, it did happen again. On our last morning in our room (well before check-out), my boyfriend and I were in bed when someone we assume was an attendant walked into our room without knocking or ringing the bell. We had not requested any service. We heard the key card mechanism activate and the door open. When the attendant walked in and saw us in bed, instead of acknowledging his mistake and leaving the room, he continued further into the room, opened a cabinet and replaced our wine glasses. This was extremely inappropriate on many levels and made us feel relieved to be leaving the hotel. We called down to reception to complain immediately afterward and were given a cursory apology – nothing more (no note, no call back from the manager).

Given everything else, I feel it is worth mentioning that we were not greeted or treated as LHW members, nor was there any touch of anything "special" about the room my boyfriend and I were put into. There wasn't even a complimentary bottle of water after our long journey and our late arrival. The small bottles in the mini bar were $4 USD each. The mini bar guide noted that, after an initial 2 "Nespresso" pods per stay (not per day – of which we would be there 5), we would be charged nearly $4 per pod used on the in-room Nespresso machine. Even more ironic was that the pods were knock-off Nespresso. Under other circumstances, we would brush this off (expensive minibar is industry standard), but we couldn't help being frustrated with the neglect in details on top of the poor service.

In short, we can forgive and have forgiven blips in customer service many times as frequent travelers, but I would be remiss not to warn potential guests about the possible safety issues and service quality problems we encountered at the Alvear Art Hotel. Most of all, we don't believe this hotel to be worthy of being in the LHW portfolio; it lowers our opinion of the entire LHW brand, and we wonder how it could have been highly rated and selected in the first place.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank EcureuilNoir
NoeliadeCelis, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Alvear Art Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2018

Dear Guest :

Our General Manager is already in contact with you by email.

We are looking forward to welcome you once more as our guest many other times in the future.

Reviewed 8 January 2018

It's a new luxury hotel. I like the location, within 10 minutes walk there's bars and restaurants. The breakfast is quite nice and I ate at the lobby bar one night (also good). The gym is small be has what you need, and there's a indoor pool next to it. However, the gym closes at 10pm.. it would be great if it's 24 hours.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Dear Daisy:

Reviewed 8 January 2018

I decided to save money on hotels in Buenos Aires this time and didn't go for the Park Hyatt or the four seasons so I decided to try this hotel which has good reviews. It's decent. It's not luxurious but the bedroom is clean and spacious. The bed rather comfortable and the bathroom is reasonable. I wouldn't use the tub though. The reception is under staffed so checkin was slow and so was checkout. The breakfast was minimal but I'm not a breakfast person and I eat fruits only so it's adequate. The best thing about the hotel was the restaurant and room service staff. Really friendly and helpful. Mariano who works at the bar is extremely enthusiastic and knowledgeable and eager to learn which is commendable. Most staff are not Argentinian so it helps since Argentinians are not the friendliest people. But I don't think I would go back to Buenos Aires anytime soon. It's just a chaotic country. I only went because I need a stop to rest before heading to my favourite Uruguay. So all in all quite a pleasant stay in an unpleasant city.

Room Tip: High floors
Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo