“Too much fun in so little time!”
Review of Meridiano Hostel

Meridiano Hostel
Reviewed 4 October 2016

So glad I arrived to this hostel! I definitely didn't have enough time to chill but I'll definitely come back. Buenos Aires, in general, is full of culture and great for anyone who loves to walk. For me, after lots of tourism, coming back to a house full of friendly people was awesome! :)

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo

Reviewed 12 September 2016

It's a paradise for kinda hippie travellers/backpackers. There is such a good feeling, you meet many great people, share a meal or a drink, have a good time every night. Buena onda ! Awesome place to stay, even for a while (it's been my home for ten weeks!). I definitly recommend it, for what you will live there.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 August 2016

3 friends and i stayed in this hostel for about 5 days, we filled a room that is in the upper floor, that could only be accessed through a narrow spiral staircase. The first alarm went off in my head when the staff told us the door didn't close properly unless the door was locked, that didn't become a problem later on only because there was noone else in the room that wasn't in the group. We opened up the minuscule improvised locker for the luggage, and found an empty beer bottle. There are 2 windows in the room: one that has a bunkbed directly in front of, thus preventing it's opening, and the other is one of those bathroom glass windows that you have to put an angle to open, and when the sun comes up, you either block that window with something or the sun will greet you at sunrise, whether you like that or not. We are positively certain we got the worst bedroom, cause to get to the bathroom you need to cross a courtyard that is in the open (and argentina is cold). At our second night there, when we were leaving, person A of the hostel staff tells us we have to pay now, cause she was going to bed, and that was a real problem for us, because not all of us had much money cause we had arrived recently, and we had to spend all of our money just to satisfy their wish. Then, at the second time i went to take a shower there was no hot water. I stayed there for 5 days, during that time i took 1 hot shower, 3 cold ones, and had to skip another one cause i got sick. The bathrooms have no drain either, so bring your flipflops and expect pools of water after every shower, and one of the bathrooms doesen't even have a lock. There was, technically, a third bathroom, but we can't really call it that, cause the door didn't close and there was no sink. There was a night we stayed at the hostel, and the hostel sells beers, then my friend decided to ask some dude how much was the beer, he said "70 argentinian pesos" and my friend bought it. Later the same night he asked again, to the same person, and he said it was 50 pesos, so right off the bat this friend of mine knew he got scammed the first time. The next day i saw someone asleep (broad daylight) in the couch of the reception room, turns out it was the same person that scammed my friend, and he was part of the hostel staff!. There was a day that the lightbulb in our bedroom burned, so we went to talk to the staff, we got in touch with person A again. She told us (in practically these exact words): "oh i don't know what to do squints at the broken lamp oh you have to unscrew some screws??? i'm alone here, is it urgent? i'm all alone in here". I told her i could get it fixed for her if she gave me a lamp to replace it, so she went downstairs to get it, and she didn't even bother to get a chair to get the other lamp, she asked another guest to remove the lamp for her. After every one of those events i remembered their sign on the entrance, "8,9 on tripadvisor". that is dishonest, our experience was FAR from that. Upon the last day i even saw cobwebs on the wall (if you're at the hostel, the wall that has a fireplace on the reception room, with a drawing of a cat drawn by hand, on a white wall). This was more expensive than it should have been, for the quality of service/accomodations. my recomendation is to find another hostel.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 April 2016

Everything was just perfect. I loved the way the owner made this hostel inside cause it is very cosy and it makes you feel relaxed and happy. I totally recommend this hostel to everyone who looks for peace, positive energy and cosy environment. I can't complain about a thing, the cleanliness was good as well, and the staff is very nice, friendly and helpful . That's it...one of my favourite.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 February 2016 via mobile

After using booking website for a private room with barthroom , we discovered that in that place none of the rooms have a bathroom inside the room.
In the moment of payment , we asked for an explanation. Instantly , the lady owner turns into a huge agressivity , acussing us of trying to scape without paying. She insulted us , pushing us and she locked the hostel room with key, tried to keep our passports and tried to avoid that we´d take our plane .
When Police came , we paid to the police the 50 euros we agreed with booking , despite we hadn´t the booked room .(according to the owner , Private rom with bathroom it doesn´t mean private bathroom ) No possibility of credit card , and , exchange rate for local currency it was a 20% additional. HOW IS POSSIBLE ???
We filled a police report against the owner for scam , hitting and kidnapping tentative.
Probably the owner will accuse that we tried to avoid payment , but this never happened.
All in this crappy place is a permanent scam. I don´t know how booking can keep in the website offering rooms with bathroom that doesnt exist .
If I can I will add the pictures of the dirty , crappy room with spider web in every corner

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
GerMeridiano, Propietario at Meridiano Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2016

I regret very much that people without escripulos and swindlers running on our beautiful country
Got to the hostel at 7am as every day and to my surprise they were withdrawing without pagar.Su reseva as contained in the page was private room without bathroom.
and I regret very much that a man Presume to hit a woman THIS WAS WHAT HAPPENED YOU WOULD PHYSICALLY assaulted twisted my wrist LEFT. ARPVECHANDO their physical SUPEPRIORIDAD At this went out POLICCIA AND CALL TO THE NEIGHBORHOOD CUSTIOSA .And agreciones E WERE ARRESTED FOR ATTEMPTED SCAM.
At the time they apologized and paid.
Weeping Lady asked forgiveness, and let them go because they lost the plane back home.
UNDERSTANDING agreed it was better than they leave.
EVEN TODAY I AM IN REHABILITATION WITH MY HAND.
You are a swindler and speculator quierre travel the world for free
.As you said 50 EUROS OF PAYMENT FOR ADDITIONAL TALKS ?. and RESERVE SAYS WHEN THE HOTEL HAS NO CREDIT CARD.
I wish you good luck.