“Great Food ”

La Iguana
Ranked #26 of 72 Restaurants in Maricopa
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 8 January 2016 via mobile

Name of the business is now Plaza Bonita. First the salsa was very good. I asked and was told it was made with Cheyenne peppers & one other, it was very spicy and could taste the cumin. Had the veggie enchiladas, they were the best I've ever had. Covered in what seemed like a sour cream /cheese sauce.

Reviewed 13 November 2015

We just moved to Maricopa and have been to this place three time and took friends to it another time in a week and a half period of time. They have a new thing going of "Taco Tuesday" and you get a ground beef taco for 99 cents or three tacos with rice and beans for just $6.00. They have great tamales and chile relleno and great taco salads. Try this place near Fry's and you will be back.

Reviewed 21 October 2015

One night we just wanted some chips and salsa and stumbled upon this place ... so happy we did! It has become a regular place for us and WE LOVE IT! OMG get the Prawns appetizer it is big enough for a meal and plenty of left overs! Very clean restaurant and staff is very nice. Food portions are HUGE HUGE HUGE... did I say HUGE! I'm talking plates the size of my steering wheel huge! GREAT food and great service! awesome prices and local! LOVE IT

Reviewed 1 September 2015

This is probably my favorite Mexican food restaurant in Maricopa. I am addicted to their salsa and pollo asado. Kids love the colors, decorations and ambiance.

Reviewed 6 September 2014

First impression: If you have your home's A/C set around 80 degrees, you'll feel at home here. Just a bad idea to have customers sitting in a hot restaurant. The salsa was kind of watery, we like ours thicker. Maricopa is the home of fast food places. Therefore any new sit down RESTAURANT is worth a try or retry. Formerly this was the location of Teakwoods until it closed several years ago. The site remained vacant until recently.

First impression: If you have your home's A/C set around 80 degrees, you'll feel at home here. Just a bad idea to have customers sitting in a hot restaurant. The salsa was kind of watery, we like ours thicker. The warm chips were "ok".

My wife ordered Fish Tacos fro the regular menu at a cost of $11.50. There were three tacos, refried beans & rice served on a real plate with real silverware! Diet ice tea was $2.40. My wife reported the tacos were very good.

I ordered a Deluxe Beef Burrito that came with guacamole & sour cream for $8.75 from the standard menu + a diet soda @ $2.50. My first taste was a little salty. Overall my burrito was ok as I've had worse and better so this falls in the middle.

In a few months we'll dine here again to see if this restaurant has improved.

1  Thank PropellerJourney