Hotel de la Canada
531 Hostel(Cordoba)(Great Value!)
US$22
Hostelworld.com
  • Breakfast included
Rivera Hostel Cordoba(Cordoba)(Great Value!)
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 September 2014

As other reviewers have mentioned, the hotel is situated directly across from a VERY loud nightclub. The noise is exacerbated because the hotel does not have adequate climate control, so you need to open the room windows at night to cool down. We only stayed one night of an anticipated 5 nights. I feel bad for the staff. They are very nice but limited due to their location and the older nature of the hotel. I don't recommend staying here.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mary M
Reviewed 5 May 2014

There was nothing superior about my "superior suite". The stay was dreadful, I did not even use the bed sheets as the room was so hot. The aircon was naturally not working also. There was no wifi available however this was "my fault". There was no facilties available and the room was so small I mihgt have well stayed in a hostel.

The staff were useless and unhelpful and offered me no alternatives.

For my terrible nights sleep and no use of wifi I was offered a 4 dollar discount which I found insulting.

There are so many better hotels in cordoba, look around before you risk a night of hell.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I spent one night at the hotel. The staff is very kind and helpful. The breakfast is very good. The room was ok though very dark. It is okay for a very brief stay. You wouldn´t spend much time at the room but the lobby is ok if you need to be there working during the day

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 October 2012 via mobile

The hotel looks nice and is centrally located. All employees are helpful and friendly and so I can't complain about that. I came to Cordoba for work, and having to be up very early in the morning, I was hoping for a quiet place to sleep. I arrived on Saturday morning and stayed at the standard room. The room is small, with a small desk, the bathroom is also smakl and its door handle was broken showing lack of maintenance. The overall cleanliness of the room was ok. My first surprise was that there was no iron or hair drier in the room. They told me at the front desk that do not allow the use of irons in the rooms for safety reasons... not good if you have a suitcase full of wrinkled clothes.. and every time I wanted a hair drier I had to request it to the front desk (although I think they got tired if me asking every day, and they left one in my room).
As an atheist, I didn't like having my room filled with evangelical literature.
My second surprise started about midnight on Saturday... what is all that noise that comes through the paper thin walls? Oh! Someone forgot to mention that the hotel it is conviniently located in front of a Disco!! This is not good if have to wake up early to work, as in Argentina, Discos open at midnight until 4 am.. and then people stay right outside the hotel. If you want to go to the disco, on the other hand, I can tell you that Fridays and Saturdays seem to be very popular ... I found my room door unlocked one day, I guess it was not closed by the daily maintenance. I had nothing missing from the room. Breakfasts are good... nothing fancy... coffee, pastries,bread, ham and cheese, juices...

Being priced at more than $100 a night, and being a 4 stars hotel, I was expecting a much better experience.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 1 February 2012

We gratefully checked into La Canada at 9.30am after having left our initial hotel in Cordoba after only one night! We were able to access our room immediately. It was very comfortable and clean with all the facilities required. The pool was functioning when we were there and was a very welcome feature on hot January days. Breakfast is extensive with yoghurts, fresh fruit, cheese, ham, various different breads and pastries, and cakes. The hotel overlooks La Canada canal and the area feels quite tranquil yet is only a few minutes walk from the downtown area.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple