“Good but not what we expected ”

Villaggio Hotel Boutique
Ranked #15 of 84 Hotels in Mendoza
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

Its location very close to avenida Belgrado and Aristides street where you find the best restaurants and pubs is great;staff is nice and servicial; breakfast included in the fee is quite abundant.
Something important! We asked for a second key and they claimed they didn't have one. We didn't like this....
I would only recommend that you stay in a superior room. At first we were given a common one, it was ok but not so neat and hair dryer didn't work properly. Unluckily, we found cockroaches in our room. Our receptionist immediately changed our room and we spend a pleasant night at last.
In general, the hotel is average, it's evident that maintenance is needed.
Anyways, it's up to you folks! Hope you have a great time in Mendoza!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 June 2017

I arrived in Mendoza for 2 week vacation with my boyfriend....first thing from the airport headed to villagio hotel. I was amazed by the cozy design, luxurious classy athmosphere, big, comfortable bedrooms with amenities of all kind. and the most important silent, perfect ac and the most pleasant stuff!!!! all of that for an amazing price!
reccommend everyone as my first choice!!!!
Thank you for making our stay memorable!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2017

Overall I think I had a positive experience at this hotel, but there are aspects of the stay that left me thinking I would try a different one next time.

Pros
-It's located close to restaurants and other areas you might want to visit.
-The free breakfast was convenient and had many sorts of pastries and bread available, and some hot food as well (though we never tried it)
-The lobby and breakfast area are very up to date
-Good internet

Cons
-The room looks good in pictures, but looking closer there were some wear marks from furniture and luggage on the walls, water stains on the counter in the bathroom, deteriorated strips of grip tape or something on the bottom of the shower
-The sheets were thin enough that I could read the label on the top of the mattress through them
-The hot water in the shower intermittently smelled really unpleasant, almost like sewage

The cons I listed wouldn't really be too much of a concern (aside from the hot water smell) but I expected better based on the description of the hotel as "boutique" and the images which make it look nicer than it is.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Marcelo R, Gerente at Villaggio Hotel Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2017

While the feedback from our guests is appreciated and taken into consideration as it helps us identify opportunities for improvement, We are very sorry to hear that your stay was not the most enjoyable one .
You are right about some details in the rooms needing to be refreshed, and this has already been included in our upcoming maintenance and renovation plans
I hope you can enjoy it on your next visit to Mendoza

Reviewed 15 April 2017

The hotel is located right near downtown Mendoza near the Plaza Independence. The beds are comfortable but the room was not completely clean when we checked in. (There was toothpaste left in bathroom drawer). We asked for an extra glass for our room (there was only 1) and tissue and never received either. The breakfast has a very nice variety.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 April 2017

My husband and I stayed in the Villaggio Hotel Boutique, based on a guidebook recommendation. The hotel is in a convenient location. The room was spacious, but I noticed that the room (and bathroom) could use a bit of maintenance. The front office staff were courteous and spoke very good English. However, my husband asked that another stand be brought up to the room on which to put another suitcase. The staff seemed to have an issue with this, which was a mystery to us as to why this should be a problem. Eventually, they brought a second stand. My husband also mentioned that there was lightbulb burned out in the room. The lightbulb was never replaced. It was these glitches in service and the somewhat worn condition of the room that leads me to giving the Villaggio Hotel Boutique an average rating. A little tender loving care and a bit more attention to service would have me giving a higher rating to what could be a great boutique hotel that is very reasonably priced and conveniently located.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple