“Really 4.5/5. Catering was excellent”
Review of Tom's BBQ Mesa

Tom's BBQ Mesa
Ranked #77 of 1,077 Restaurants in Mesa
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed 28 June 2018

I've never actually been here but they catered a pool party that we had last month. not only was the BBQ excellent but how they presented and served it was top notch. We had the lightly sauced diced brisket or pulled pork. Buns were large & high quality. even the potato salad was a cut above. The smoked flvor was a touch on light side to my preferance, but the sauce was very good. I have had other BBQ that I prefer, but this was excellent.

jfpphoenix, Public Relations Manager at Tom's BBQ Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Thanks Ted for such a kind review. We're thrilled that you enjoyed our catering and hope you had a good time at the pool party.

Reviewed 23 April 2018

The owner was there, at the time of our visit. He gave us a GREAT welcome. The burnt barbecue tips are excellent! We have enjoyed several meals at Tom's. The catfish is a very good choice, also.

jfpphoenix, Public Relations Manager at Tom's BBQ Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Thank you so much for your great review. Glad that you enjoy our BBQ & Catfish :-) Hope we'll see you again soon.

Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

Stopped in for a bite to eat with an old friend. I had a pulled pork sandwich, potato salad and a Coca-Cola. The sandwich was packed with pulled pork, delicately flavored – on the mild side, per my request – and quite tasty. Tender. Juicy. Flavorful. Not out of this world, but definitely better than average. I’d certainly try this place again, and I might also sample some of their other menu items.

Thanks such much for the 4 stars and nice review. We're glad you enjoyed your visit and we hope you'll stop back in the next time you are in the neighborhood.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

I have lunch 2 or 3x a month at this location and the food comes out fast, hot, and always served with a smile by the wonderful help. I particularly enjoy the Italian Beef with mounds of hot peppers and drowning in Au Ju.

jfpphoenix, Public Relations Manager at Tom's BBQ Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Randy,

Thank you so much for being such a loyal customer. We're thrilled that you enjoy Tom's and we hope you'll keep coming back for the Italian Beef :-)

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

Stopped based on some reviews. It was just okay. Nothing special, we had a rack of ribs and a carne asada nachos. Ribs were dry, bbq sauce didn’t help. Nachos were good but ran out of meat. Staff was nice but the place was average at best.