“Fresh Options”

Cafe Mix Greek & American Food
Ranked #51 of 980 Restaurants in Mesa
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

On the recommendation of a colleague, partner and I decided to try Cafe Mix last night for takeout. We love Greek food but have not found many options in the Mesa area. We had high hopes for Cafe Mix and we were not disappointed. When we arrived at the restaurant around 6 p.m., there was a long line waiting at the counter. It took us about 10 minutes before we got to the head of the line and placed our order. There was aIso a very long wait to get our order. They were swamped.
I had the lamb kebab platter with rice, pita, and hummus, and my partner had a gyro wrap made with the red meat option. Both of our entrees came with a small Greek salad.
The lamb was possibly the best I've ever had. The meat was tender and juicy and cooked to a perfect medium rare. The rice was just okay, nothing special, but there was plenty of it. The hummus on the other hand, was very bland and tasted kind of off. Neither I nor my partner liked it. It seemed to lack both garlic and lemon as well as sesame seed paste, which is essential for good hummus.
My partner like his gyro wrap very much. He also thought it was the best he'd ever had. Our Greek salads were good as well, except the dressing that they came with was not very tasty. Fortunately, the dressing was served on the side so we tossed it.
The ambience in the cafe was very nice. Pictures of Greece adorned the walls, and there was plenty of table seating. I appreciated the lively Greek music playing over the speakers. There was also a TV on the wall with a sports broadcast playing.
Our tab for two entrees with salads and one drink came to about $25. It seemed kind of high to us, but the quality of the food as well as the friendly service made up for it.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Have been here 7 or 8 times. Parents probably 50 times. Never disappointing. I get gyro meat Greek salad. Everything is good that I have had. Baklava is excellent as well. Easy, casual, sit down or take out...... Wish I had this near my house.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

My wife and I have eaten here about a dozne times (eat in and take out). For a period of time we stopped eating here as the food quality went down, especially the Pita Bread for the Gyros. We tried again (take out) in early September and the food was back to very good. I can not give this restaurant HIGH marks but will eat here again.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Casual dining. Great food. I'm hooked on their Philly sandwich and salad. Fast friendly service. When my son comes into town, we have to do at least one meal here.

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

This place is consistently good. The kabob salad and the gyro are favorites. The baklava is exquisite. The taboule salad is refreshing. This is a mom and pop shop and the owners are great. It's nice to support a local eatery with great food!