“Large portions, good service”

Black Angus Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Black Angus Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 1,010 Restaurants in Mesa
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Power Rd and Hampton Ave
Reviewed 10 February 2018

One of our better meals out in Mesa. Make a reservation, even for small groups, as waits extend between 6 and 7pm (lots of seniors here!).

Our service was fast and friendly, and the portions we had were larger than we could eat, so we all took home leftovers. Ribs, chicken, steak - all good and well prepared. I tried one of their Margaritas - very good. Pricing was pretty good for a steak house as well. About $100 for three of us incl. tip.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

After having NOT gone to a Black Angus for many years, we thought we would give it a go.

We made a reservation for a 8. We had to wait about 20 minutes to get seated. They put us at a table that was WAY too small for our group. We made it work.

The food was served as ordered. I personally order the prime rib. It was just about perfect.

The place felt a bit run down, maybe a little dingy.

The staff was quite good. Service was well above average.

The place was PACKED.

Reviewed 30 January 2018

Great steak and Prime rib. Went here with the family and we had a great meal. Steak I had was cooked perfect and the prime rib my wife had was perfect as well. I would defiantly recommend this place.

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

We went on a Friday night, there were 6 of us and we had a reservation. Kelsey was our server and she was wonderful - personable and attentive without being intrusive. Even though the place was packed and had a line waiting, it was quiet enough to talk comfortably. Our food was to die for! If I had to complain about something, it would be that the grilled artichoke needed more char on it, but it was still delicious. We got 4 appetizers, (the shrimp cocktail sauce was really spicy - my husband and father in law wanted to buy a gallon to take home!). We all got steaks and every one was perfectly cooked. Desserts were equally amazing - especially the caramel cheesecake. I really can’t say enough good things about it!

Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

Don’t discount this place because it’s a chain. I’ve visited 5 times which encompassed 3 locations and the food is always spot on. Get on their mailing list and they will send you great deals. We had 2 loaves of awesome bread, shared an appetizer, a 6oz filet, 12 oz ribeye with mushrooms, roasted Brussels sprouts, mashed potatoes, baked potato, macaroni & cheese AND dessert for $50.00. That’s a deal! Our server last night was Christine. She was polite and attentive. Don’t drive ve by this place.