“IF you want TRUE Hawaiian food”
Review of Aloha Kitchen

Aloha Kitchen
Ranked #72 of 1,087 Restaurants in Mesa
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Asian, Polynesian
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 8 August 2018

Having been to Hawaii many times I can tell you this is the closest you are going to get true Hawaiian food. First, their Laulau Plate is the bomb, JUST like it is in Hawaii, it's a special and only served on Sat and Sun, All the Mix plate specials are excellent if you want Hawaiian food check this place out, do not go to the other Hawaiian places in town they are not true Hawaiian food.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 4 July 2018

Whenever we are in the Valley of the Sun we have lunch at Aloha Kitchen: great food, outstanding service and local environment. Cannot go wrong with any other menu items.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 20 May 2018

I used to come on regular basis to this place. I came back 20 years later, the place is still the same, very good plates, people very helpful and respectfull.

Reviewed 11 May 2018

I saw Diners, Drive ins and dives and they reviewed this place. I rushed over, and it was well worth it. Its a hole in the wall, but the food was great, and plentiful.

Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

Stopped in with my mom to get lunch. She ordered the sweet-and-sour chicken mini plate lunch and I ordered a mini teriyaki chicken plate lunch. Both came with 1 nice portion of chicken, scoop of rice, choice of macaroni potato salad or a small salad. If you're going to order the regular size plate lunch be prepared for two pieces of chicken, two portions of rice etc. You may want to share unless you're a large person with a big appetite. Very comprable in taste and appearance to a plate lunch in Hawaii, I was impressed. The Teriyaki was a little salty but I'm not sure if that was because I put soy sauce on it. It was pretty busy when we came in but the service was fast and friendly.
Loved the Hawaiian music playing.
The food is served on plastic plates with plastic utensils. Order at the counter and they'll give you a number to put on your table so they can bring your food to you. I looked around at the various meals other people had ordered and they all looked delicious. I would totally recommend this place to someone who wants a pretty quick, great portion, and great price lunch or dinner.