“Happy beef coma!”

Cuisines: Argentinian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Abierto de lunes a sabado de 12 a 15 y de 20 a 24. Domingo cerrado
Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

Boy, for those who love carne - this is definitely the place to visit. Massively large and tasty steaks with all the sides great as well. Our daughter is a vegetarian, but she was happily fed with their side of veggies and mashed potatoes that were some of the best I’ve ever tasted.

My suggestion would be to order a few steaks to share. Unless you want to have leftovers, there is no need to order one steak a piece. Our family of four shared mashed potatoes, roasted veggies and I think some bread, although you don’t want to fill up on that before your meal. They had a decent wine selection and beer for the youngsters.

Service was prompt, friendly and unobtrusive. The place is relatively small and reservations can be hard to come by. We were lucky to get a table right by the kitchen so we could watch them prepping the meat and food. For someone who likes to cook, this was an enjoyable part of the experience for me. We never felt rushed, even though we knew there were people waiting for tables.

The only thing you need to know if you haven’t been there before and do t know the area, that it is somewhat hidden from the main road and up a slight hill to the parking lot. We didn’t realize there was on site parking so found a spot nearby but had to wander around looking for the address before someone pointed us in the right direction.

Definitely a great find.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,801)

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

We were very lucky to be able to squeeze in without a reservation but seeing how packed the restaurant was, we would recommend booking! The food was absolutely brilliant, service fab and wine list extensive. We really enjoyed our meal and would recommend to anyone. We shared an ‘ojo de bife’ and it was huge! We would advise others to share even if you have big appetites (ended up with a whole steak each which in a uk restaurant would have been a generous portion!).

Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

The best meat I ever eated, it was so delicous.
The prices are very high but worth every pesso. Go there!

Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

Can see why this restaurant gets such amazing reviews. Our hostess at Las Marianas guesthouse very kindly made a reservation for us at Alto el Fuego. The atmosphere, the setting n the staff were all brilliant but the food was exceptional. I had lamb n my friends had steak n they were all delicious n all cooked to perfection n just as requested.

Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

They know what they do and they do it well. The menu is simple - which cut of meat do you want? We shared a half bottle of Malbec, steak and fries, a chorizo, some empanadas and some desserts (which were objectively unnecessary but delicious). The prices are very reasonable given the very generous portions as a steak and chips is enough for a couple. The skirt steak was extremely tasty. I’m writing this as I sit here finishing my meal, I’m so impressed. The service is also honest and efficient. We’re making another reservation for tomorrow.