US$169
  • Restaurant
bnb SOHO(Banos)
Canaveral(Banos)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 January 2015

Rosa Maria was extremely helpful to us during a very busy holiday weekend. We appreciate her help immensely and would recommend anyone looking to stay at a place run by excellent people stay at the Hotel el Belen.

Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Skye K
Reviewed 1 November 2014

I spent a week in Banos in September 2014 and I stayed at the Hotel el Belen. My room was very clean and comfortable, although I have to say it was a bit hot during the day and evening. The window was just small and I couldn't get much of a breeze. The bath is very nice, plenty of hot water. There is no closet...only a small table to place a few items on. It would have been nice if they had some kind of pegs or hooks in the walls to hang things on. The courtyard at the hotel was very nice, and the staff was FANTASTIC!! All of them were very nice and very helpful. It was just a short walk...maybe 2 blocks from the bus station...maybe 3 blocks from the town park, and there is plenty of food and activities nearby. If I ever return to Banos, I would definitely consider staying at Hotel el Belen again!

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank davesellshouses
Reviewed 16 October 2014

Since there was 5 in our room, we were placed in a small room overlooking the courtyard, and didn't enjoy the view from the courtyard rooms, so I would suggest either separate rooms so that you can enjoy the flowers, etc. Besides that, the motel was very accommodating. Very hot water, beds comfortable. Decent price as well. A beautiful area!

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Banos might be low in altitude, but the chilled temperature and misty drizzle that met us on our arrival in July made it feel like we’d reached a hill station in the likes of India.
But, duck into the small courtyard of Hotel El Belen – a prime spot in the heart of town – and the community’s warm, friendly atmosphere starts to emerge.
Greeted by the lovely elderly owner, she was not only keen to make us welcome in the hotel, but also to feel some of her pride about her town.
The nicely appointed rooms are ranged on two levels of the courtyard, enabling guests to look out onto is abundant floral decoration.
While small, the rooms have everything you need – the modern showers, for example, are tucked into every available nook, and offer good pressure and hot water.
There are no facilities on site for food, but the hotel’s location means there is no problem. You can literally fall out the door and find a place for breakfast next door. Otherwise, it’s a quick few steps more to get anything you need.
Hotel El Belen is not the obvious choice in Banos, which is awash with accommodation options, but it has a lot to recommend it.

Room Tip: Make sure you check the windows - they are in need of repair in some rooms, making them a possible target for break-ins.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2014

The owners were extremely accommodating and pleasant. Cant beat the location. This is a clean, budget room with a short walk to shops and some very good restaurants . The Hotel arranged a great tour for all of us.. Super Value for the Money... I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Best to just ask for a quiet room. I had no problem without asking.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends