See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 September 2015

The managers are very trustworthy because we went camping for a few days and left some of our less valuable things in the owners room. We came back and they gave everything back. We stayed in a two bed room with a shower for ten dollars a night. Great little family owned place, they are friendly and willing to help.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank budgestephen
Reviewed 26 January 2015

The el Belen hotel is comfy and convenient. The owners are friendly and the location is ideal- steps from the bus stop and from the town center.
They have a kitchen that guests can use so if you do not want to spend all your money on eating out- you can cook!
Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Go upstairs for the newer rooms!
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nookyelur
Reviewed 18 January 2015

Rosa Maria was extremely helpful to us during a very busy holiday weekend. We appreciate her help immensely and would recommend anyone looking to stay at a place run by excellent people stay at the Hotel el Belen.

Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Skye K
Reviewed 1 November 2014

I spent a week in Banos in September 2014 and I stayed at the Hotel el Belen. My room was very clean and comfortable, although I have to say it was a bit hot during the day and evening. The window was just small and I couldn't get much of a breeze. The bath is very nice, plenty of hot water. There is no closet...only a small table to place a few items on. It would have been nice if they had some kind of pegs or hooks in the walls to hang things on. The courtyard at the hotel was very nice, and the staff was FANTASTIC!! All of them were very nice and very helpful. It was just a short walk...maybe 2 blocks from the bus station...maybe 3 blocks from the town park, and there is plenty of food and activities nearby. If I ever return to Banos, I would definitely consider staying at Hotel el Belen again!

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank davesellshouses
Reviewed 16 October 2014

Since there was 5 in our room, we were placed in a small room overlooking the courtyard, and didn't enjoy the view from the courtyard rooms, so I would suggest either separate rooms so that you can enjoy the flowers, etc. Besides that, the motel was very accommodating. Very hot water, beds comfortable. Decent price as well. A beautiful area!

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family