“It's ok but I'm pretty sure you get better value for money in Banos”
Review of Hotel el Belen

Hotel el Belen
Hotel el Belen
Ranked #24 of 27 Hotels in Banos
Reviewed 28 January 2016

I stayed there for 3 nights and paid $80. I only realised when I checked in that this was without breakfast. Obviously my mistake but that made it relatively expensive.
The room was good, clean and big enough. The bed was comfortable and the the shower had loads of hot water. There is also free wifi in your room. Not really fast, but it works.
They have parking in their courtyard, which I guess is great if you come by car. However, it also meant a lot of noise and the smell of diesel/petrol in my room. Generally, it was one of the noisier places I stayed in, but that might be Banos for you. I'd strongly recommend NOT to stay there at the weekends as they have rooms with bunkbeds and at the weekends teenagers from Quito come over to party.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo

Reviewed 14 September 2015

The managers are very trustworthy because we went camping for a few days and left some of our less valuable things in the owners room. We came back and they gave everything back. We stayed in a two bed room with a shower for ten dollars a night. Great little family owned place, they are friendly and willing to help.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 January 2015

The el Belen hotel is comfy and convenient. The owners are friendly and the location is ideal- steps from the bus stop and from the town center.
They have a kitchen that guests can use so if you do not want to spend all your money on eating out- you can cook!
Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Go upstairs for the newer rooms!
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nookyelur
Reviewed 18 January 2015

Rosa Maria was extremely helpful to us during a very busy holiday weekend. We appreciate her help immensely and would recommend anyone looking to stay at a place run by excellent people stay at the Hotel el Belen.

Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Skye K
Reviewed 1 November 2014

I spent a week in Banos in September 2014 and I stayed at the Hotel el Belen. My room was very clean and comfortable, although I have to say it was a bit hot during the day and evening. The window was just small and I couldn't get much of a breeze. The bath is very nice, plenty of hot water. There is no closet...only a small table to place a few items on. It would have been nice if they had some kind of pegs or hooks in the walls to hang things on. The courtyard at the hotel was very nice, and the staff was FANTASTIC!! All of them were very nice and very helpful. It was just a short walk...maybe 2 blocks from the bus station...maybe 3 blocks from the town park, and there is plenty of food and activities nearby. If I ever return to Banos, I would definitely consider staying at Hotel el Belen again!

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled solo