“Lovely warm welcome at this boutique hotel”
Review of Le Manumea Hotel

Le Manumea Hotel
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Apia
Reviewed 2 October 2011

We arrived hot and thirsty having flown in from NZ. We settled immediately with a cold drinking coconut and all was well, if not better! Lovely little intimate hideaway, cool and shady dining area, loungers around a pool, very warm and friendly staff. The rooms are great - spacious and clean and cool with a gorgeous outdoor shower. We didnt eat in the restaurant, but breakfast was great and included. Luna was warm, friendly, couldn;t do more to help. I couldn't find my passport the day I left and Luna MADE me empty out my suitcase to look even though I knew for SURE it wasn;t in there, and of course it was...... We really enjoyed staying here for the two days we were attending to business in town, Taxi fare was about 7 tala to town, and I walked up the road to the Robert louis Stevenson Museum ( it was great, and worth waiting for the guided tour), then hiked up the hill behind the museum in the hot sun, nearly killing myself with heat exhaustion (slight exaggeration) but a neat view and a chance feel a bit smug as I descended to people who looked impressed! Spoiled a bit by the taxi driver later that day who told me he used to walk up there five times a week with his wife!!!!!
Anyway, you will find a warm welcome at Le Manumea - price is very reasonable and we would go back there without hesitation, in fact we are already planning our next Samoa trip.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 1 October 2011

Amazing manumea ! We have been so lucky to have stayed at manumea 5 times over the past few years, and feel in love with it on our first stay in 2009. And I am so happy to say it’s still wonderful, the rooms are still stunning, they are really kept in the best condition, and they are spotless.
The rooms are stylishly furnished and spacious, and have a big comfy bed, with great linen, there is a kitchenette with microwave, and the bathroom is outdoor style.
The food is still really good and you get a great breaky included, fruit, toast, cereal, egg.
The best part of this place for us is how it feels like family, as it’s only a small resort the owners take the time to talk and get to know all the guests. Luna ( the owner) is an amazing host.
If you are planning to spend a few days in Apia, then I would highly recommend you stay here, the rooms are so comfortable and it’s only 5 mins out of town.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2011

We stayed for 3 nights at the end of August, travelling with 2 children (youngest 14 months). Luna and staff were friendly and very accommodating. The food was sensational ! The rooms were large and very well appointed, Luna has thought of all the little things in the room such as a small kitchenette with microwave, fridge, kettle etc (very handy when travelling with children), iron - even an airing rack in the bathroom for your towells and swimmers. The rock bathroom was awesome, the large front patio just a brilliant area to relax as well. I would happily reccomend this resort - every room is incredibly private and you feel incredibly relaxed amongst the extensive landscaping. Brilliant hotel, already planning my next trip back. Thank you Luna - we had such a great time.

Room Tip: The rooms are spread out into little bunglows across the proeprty. If you have children, ask to be c...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank amkirt
Reviewed 26 September 2011

We were in Samoa in June this year to do some work with my husband, so we stay at Le Manumea for two weeks. They were so amazing and they look after us really well. They provide us with amazing food and good services...After that we had to go back in September and stay with Luna at the hotel, all because of the great experience there. I never seen a person like Luna(Owner) that had so much energy to wake up and wait for all her guest to arrive before she go bed. Room were amazing but my favorite is the shower.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Luna and staff are welcoming and accommodating. The hotel is great value for money; we stayed 6 nights and our deal included breakfast and dinner, every day/night for 3 adults and 1 child. The food was fresh and very tasty - just loved the Tuna steak. The rooms are large and comfortable, and bathrooms just gorgeous. I have stayed at Aggies Resort and Le Manumea's rooms are on par with Aggies. Friday night was a highlight at the hotel, dinner guests included international singers that did an impromptu performance. They were followed by Le Manumea's regular Friday night singer, what a lovely way to spend an evening. Luna also organised a tour for us to Lalomanu through their local tour provider Pete's Tours. Pete was another highlight of our stay in Samoa and I highly recommend Pete's Tours to anyone looking for a tour of Upolu - you not only get a tour but a history lesson, he is fantastic. Le Manumea is a great place to stay and I highly recommend this hotel for young and old, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank lucy_1972Auckland
Also consider these accommodations in or near Apia
3.9 km away
27.1 km away
Saletoga Sands Resorts
Saletoga Sands Resorts
#1 of 1 in Matatufu

Been to Le Manumea Hotel? Share your experiences!