All reviews front desk eggs free breakfast catalina state park parking lot late check would stay here again room was clean nice hotel gas station beautiful view double room the breakfast area visiting the area hospitality industry self serve breakfast four days
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Booked this room after a flight and then a two hour drive into Tucson. We weren't there long, but wow, did this place exceed my expectations!

This is a new, fresh, friendly hotel. The free breakfast went beyond the usual...great cinnamon rolls, different offerings with good brands of Greek yogurt, oatmeal, etc. Bath & Bodyworks products by the sink.

If I'm ever back in the area and looking for a short stay hotel in this category, I'm staying here! I don't award five stars to hotels in this category, as I reserve that for luxe properties.

Here I had zero complaints, and I'm super picky about cleanliness, details, and customer service.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2017

For a one night stay to get to a bike race, this was a great option.
The rooms are a little smaller than other Holiday Inn Express's that I've stayed at but it's clean and comfortable.
The Staff was nice and oddly enough the breakfast food we grabbed was much better than other locations.
It was easy to get to and very well lit so I didn't have a worry about my car being safe.
All in all it was a good experience.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 September 2017

We were in the process of having a new roof installed on our house and preferred to stay at a hotel during this time. Oro Valley is a quiet, nice and growing area outside of Tucson. The Holiday Inn Express is basically a new hotel property. The rooms are nicely decorated, very clean and spacious. The beds and pillows are so comfortable! Employees are exceptionally friendly and helpful. "Julian" serving the front desk was a very nice young man. I would certainly recommend this property if staying in the Tucson area. Close to many restaurants, etc. Other HIE properties in the area are rated 2 stars by IHG. Oro Valley is the exception with a 3 star rating.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandy B
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

We selected this location because of its proximity to family and friends in this area. The hotel appears new and well maintained. Our experience has been totally positive. The room spacious and clean. The breakfast area well run and very clean too. The pool area is nice but needs shade. We did not see any umbrellas to sit under.This location offers spectacular views of the surrounding mountains as well as being close to the Tucson area. We've enjoyed our 4 days here and would consider staying here again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

I understand that during the week a hotel needs to focus on business travelers but during the weekend, with families attending, I do not understand why only the news is allowed to be played on the television during breakfast. I also don't understand why it's a big deal that a parent wants to feed a child a snack on the lobby/ breakfast area at the table in the afternoon. We clean up after ourselves and young children get hungry. Other than that it is a fine typical holiday Inn Express.l

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oro Valley - Tucson North, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Hi coberg,

Thank you for posting a candid feedback from your recent stay with us. It is great to know that you found our hotel to be a good place. However, I was concerned to see that you were not totally impressed since you did not see us as a child friendly property. We always aim to provide an exceptional stay for all of our guests that is why I regret to see that you did not have a great experience. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you during your stay. Rest assured, your comments will be shared with our management team to properly address your concern.

Again, thank you for the review and for staying with us. I hope that we would have another chance to accommodate you again in the future.

Regards,