“Great Stay - Amazing Staff Member”

Holiday Inn Express Oro Valley - Tucson North
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Oro Valley
Reviewed 21 October 2017

After one of the Hampton Inns in Tucson cancelled my reservation because of a screwup on their end, it was the Holiday Inn Express Oro Valley to the rescue, and after staying here 2 nights I know have found my new hotel when visiting the area.

Clean, nice, new quiet - hotel faces a multi-use trail and open space in the back which was nice to wake up to in the morning. Hotel is set back from the road and quiets down at night as well. Easy 30 minute drive with only moderate traffice to UA/downtown Tucson in the morning and back in the evening.

What made my stay especially great was Luna at the front desk. She's an amazing young woman who was friendly, personable and engaging - a rising star who is on the fast track and I hope hotel management recognize was an awesome employee she is, truly a model for all hospitality industry staff to aspire to be.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms best. Also note the room doors unfortunately slam as there is no method to keep them...
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Booked this room after a flight and then a two hour drive into Tucson. We weren't there long, but wow, did this place exceed my expectations!

This is a new, fresh, friendly hotel. The free breakfast went beyond the usual...great cinnamon rolls, different offerings with good brands of Greek yogurt, oatmeal, etc. Bath & Bodyworks products by the sink.

If I'm ever back in the area and looking for a short stay hotel in this category, I'm staying here! I don't award five stars to hotels in this category, as I reserve that for luxe properties.

Here I had zero complaints, and I'm super picky about cleanliness, details, and customer service.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2017

For a one night stay to get to a bike race, this was a great option.
The rooms are a little smaller than other Holiday Inn Express's that I've stayed at but it's clean and comfortable.
The Staff was nice and oddly enough the breakfast food we grabbed was much better than other locations.
It was easy to get to and very well lit so I didn't have a worry about my car being safe.
All in all it was a good experience.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 September 2017

We were in the process of having a new roof installed on our house and preferred to stay at a hotel during this time. Oro Valley is a quiet, nice and growing area outside of Tucson. The Holiday Inn Express is basically a new hotel property. The rooms are nicely decorated, very clean and spacious. The beds and pillows are so comfortable! Employees are exceptionally friendly and helpful. "Julian" serving the front desk was a very nice young man. I would certainly recommend this property if staying in the Tucson area. Close to many restaurants, etc. Other HIE properties in the area are rated 2 stars by IHG. Oro Valley is the exception with a 3 star rating.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandy B
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

We selected this location because of its proximity to family and friends in this area. The hotel appears new and well maintained. Our experience has been totally positive. The room spacious and clean. The breakfast area well run and very clean too. The pool area is nice but needs shade. We did not see any umbrellas to sit under.This location offers spectacular views of the surrounding mountains as well as being close to the Tucson area. We've enjoyed our 4 days here and would consider staying here again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
10.9 km away
La Posada Lodge and Casitas
2.6 km away
El Conquistador Tucson, a Hilton Resort

Been to Holiday Inn Express Oro Valley - Tucson North? Share your experiences!