“Travel Agent Review - highly recommended”

JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Paradise Valley
Reviewed 16 September 2017

We recently had a chance to spend a night at the JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn while traveling through Arizona. I wish we had more than one night here. They do everything right here - nothing is missing. Beautiful large and comfortable room, very comfy bed, great spa amenities. We enjoyed the great pool area, towels supplied, water available, nice ambience. Several whirlpools available as well. The grounds are just beautiful, so well cared for and very mature. We also enjoyed a great dinner outside. Definately a great spot for business meetings, couples getaway, family vacation.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,076)

Reviewed 13 September 2017

This hotel is top notch...the rooms are gorgeous...the view is fantastic! Love the pool and the service is outstanding. You will love this place...many deals available to get a great rate too. Went to a conference here and the conference room was amazing!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank barbara c
Reviewed 12 September 2017

My daughter and I went to this lovely hotel for her birthday weekend and couldn't have been happier with our choice. The grounds are lovely, the staff friendly and helpful. The room (#460) was spacious and quiet with a nice patio. We tried all of the restaurants and the breakfast buffet and found everything delicious and plentiful. There were a couple of hiccups (the cold water ran hot, the air conditioner was blasting, the in room phone did not work) but on mentioning these to the front desk we were compensated adequately and without any fuss. All in all a wonderful weekend.

Room Tip: #460 is an end unit and very quiet but the AC needs adjusting.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 September 2017

I was staying for business and surprise to see such a low rate pop-up for a JW Marriott property. As I diamond member with Hilton it is not often that I stay with Marriott but this seem like quite a deal. The price of the "resort fee" must have been buried in the fine print somehwere becuase I would not have stayed had I know the complete cost - I had no use for the facilities this trip becuase I was there was business and was hardly on the property except at night. I have never stayed in a JW this old and run down. I could see daylight through the room door which is probably why I was killing bugs much of the night. Between getting bitten by mosquitos and and the heat (AC apparently shuts off at night- kept waking up to find that it was 5 degrees warmer than I set it when I went to bed) - I might as well been camping in a tent vs staying at a JW. Something was wrong with the shower door becuase every time I took a shower the bathroom floor was flooded. I've stayed at better Best Westerns.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark W
Management response:Responded 13 September 2017

Good evening Mark W,

Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your stay with us. I am so sorry to hear about your experience with us and I assure this is not typical. I've shared your feedback with my team to prevent future reoccurrences. Fee free to contact me diretly at the resort to discuss further. We hope to serve you the next time you're in the area.

Best regards,
Jorge Garcia
Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 8 September 2017

We have chosen to return to this JW for the last 4 years to celebrate my birthday and this visit may sway to seek other options. There is much to consider when I decide to fly 2500 miles to enjoy this special occasion. Being a Gold Status Member with Marriott, you would think that maybe some sort of special treatment?

None.I guess you have a good supply of elite members to move around.

Not much of an " upgrade" of my room. No surprises. No acknowledgement at your "signature" restaurant after mentioning that it was a special occasion.

Marriott needs to do better to keep my business at this JW property.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Richard N
Mackenzie N, Front Office Manager at JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Good Day richn1978,

Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your stay with us. I am so sorry to hear about your experience with us especially being a Gold Elite Member. I can assure you this is not typical and we will follow up with our team to make sure that we are taking great care of each of our Elite Members. Feel free to contact me directly at the hotel to discuss further. We hope to regain your confidence during a future stay!

Mackenzie N.

Desert Ridge
JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa
The Phoenician, Scottsdale
#20 of 75 in Scottsdale

Been to JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!