“OMG the desserts!”

District American Kitchen & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
District American Kitchen & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #59 of 3,279 Restaurants in Phoenix
Price range: US$9 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Van Buren
Description: District American Kitchen and Wine Bar is designed to meld into the fabric of the downtown Phoenix core, embracing its inherent energy with open-air patio seating, live entertainment, local artwork and First Friday presence. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, District supports local food purveyors, offering a wide selection of sophisticated yet accessible regional fare as well as the best of American wines, micro-brew beers and classic cocktails. Patrons can expect new twists on traditional favorites, wine pairings, and small plates all enjoyed in a comfortable yet metropolitan setting.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I brought a friend here specifically for the cotton candy at the end of the meal, and it remains one of the best "last impressions" I've ever seen from a restaurant. Moreover, this week is Phoenix's Restaurant Week, so for $33 we each got one of the 3-course meal options - I had the watermelon salad, the pork chops and the creme brulee; she had the squash soup, maple-glazed salmon and the black cherry cheesecake, and a glass of wine/beer was even included (I had the Ravenswood zinfandel). The first courses were good, the main courses were great, and the desserts were out of this world. Seriously creme brulee as good or better than Ritz-Carlton, and the black cherry cheesecake was incredible, awesome flavor. All in all, a terrific night. Eat here.

Reviewed 9 May 2018

I went to the District with a bunch of my coworkers for lunch after a conference. We had originally made a reservation for 12 people, but ended up needing 13. The staff was extremely understanding and accommodating. As we sat down, we were immediately greeted by our very friendly waitress (her name was Lizz). She was absolutely amazing! She was very attentive and hospitable, and even packed our drinks to-go.

The food at the District is very reasonably price. During lunch time, they have a deal going on called "Nothing Over $9 at Noon." In Downtown Phoenix, there are a lot of upscale and overly priced restaurants; the District is not one of them. The portions of the meals were just the right size, so you really get more bang for you buck. With a professional ambiance, delicious good, and amazing waitstaff, the District is the "go-to" restaurant. I will definitely be back for more!

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Great food, the wine list was not as extensive as I would of thought having wine bar in the name. But I made do quite fine with was on the list. I sat at the bar vs a table, had great conversations with other patrons and the service was excellent. Had the salmon for dinner and would have it again, the gentleman beside me had the short ribs he said they were excellent as well.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Came here after an event at the convention center. We sat in lounge/bar area and had appetizers and drinks. You cannot get regular food menu in this area. We had the crab cake sliders, chips and dips, and the hummus. All menu items were very good and half off during happy hour. I ordered the rhubarb royale to drink, it was eye pleasing but tasted only like the cherry syrup and rosemary. Server was quite busy and only checked on us once. Had to go look for her to get checks. Overall this is a great location downtown and the lounge area was fun and lively.

Reviewed 23 April 2018

Margarita was just OK but on the small side both in flavor and size. Some of the ingredients listed on the menu for the dinner plate were either so small or missing all together. In all fairness the manager did reduce the price a bit. Think I will go elsewhere next time in the area.