“What an experience”
Review of Pomegranate Cafe

Pomegranate Cafe
Ranked #154 of 3,289 Restaurants in Phoenix
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Revitalizing food and pure flavors are at the heart of what we do. At Pomegranate emphasis is on a new way of eating – utilizing fresh organic ingredients to prepare food and drinks that tempt the palate and create well-being. We challenge the stereotype that healthy food is bland or boring. Our delicious vegetarian cuisine and beverages (from fresh fruit shakes to mouth-watering lattes) are created with the belief that taste and presentation are not compromised by the use of wholesome ingredients, but enhanced. Pomegranate Cafe offers a rich and deeply satisfying experience.
Reviewed 30 March 2018

Arrived at the cafe to be seated right away and the hostess seated us and told us a waiter would be out in a minute. . . 25 minutes later we got tired of waiting and I walked inside to ask to order. Another long wait later, the food came out with raw and under cooked potatoes and tough, fibrous collared greens that tasted of lawn clippings. Two hours and two poor meals later we spent $50 and left dissatisfied. If vegans can not make a decent salad there is no hope. To give them another try we thought we would enjoy some desserts. Come to find out, the over priced desserts were dry and the cup cake was dry and salty but don't worry the frosting made up for that because I could only eat one bite it was so overly sweet. As we sat with our overly dry and sweet desserts we witnessed another group having the same ordeal of inattentive service not in rush hour. My poor vegan friend was scarred and will not be returning.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

This review pertains to the 7th st location, which I understand is new.

Came here with my mother, a local who wanted to try the place out. We came at 6 PM, and the restaurant was not yet crowded. We were seated promptly but were not given menus and had to ask for water. The waitress was a bit brisk in her responses to questions. Sorry, young lady, not everyone is intimately familiar with vegan food.

Once we ordered, the wait began. We waited, and waited and waited. It appeared like the restaurant was short staffed, including both servers and cooks. Quite a few people came in after us and also appeared to be waiting a long while. We had ordered a bowl of soup to split. In most restaurants, the soup would be served almost immediately. In our case, a half hour passed with no soup and no entree.

When the food finally appeared, it was indeed delicious. The portions are huge, easily enough for 2 meals. The leftovers tasted great at lunch the next day. The prices were very reasonable.

We did get the bill promptly, and takeout containers were offered in just a couple of minutes. I used the ladies' room , which unfortunately was dirty.

If the owners and staff pay more attention to cleanliness in the rest rooms and to the quality and quantity of their staff, they will have a hit restaurant. But not yet.

Reviewed 15 March 2018

On a road trip, and lucky for us, we liked it so much we came here twice.. also conveniently next to Trader Joes..

LOVE the food, love the place, people, etc. JUST GO

I just should stop here, post pics of my food and beverages.. and yes, next time we're in AZ, we will return. I'm so happy it's not far from my timeshare!

Reviewed 11 March 2018

Our second time and will come back again, and again! Wonderfully fresh and varied vegan and gluten-free options. Had the Poblano wild mushroom tacos and blueberry lemonade with mint. Yum. Good service and reasonable prices for the high-quality food.

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

Two of my coworkers and I went to the new location at 7th street. The food was AMAZING. I am not strictly vegan but being lactose intolerant I love trying vegan restaurants because I know I can actually eat all the food. We did wait about 40 minutes for the food which was hard because we had to jet back to work but the host apologized multiple times saying they got hit with a lot of orders all at once. The food was worth the wait. I think next time we’ll call our order in and pick it up to avoid the extra time. All of our food tasted great and I loved the monster nachos. We had cookie dough chocolate truffles for dessert and they were absolute heaven. I highly recommend checking out this restaurant, even if you aren’t vegan. The food is amazing.