“Not even close to worth the $$ anymore.”
Review of Durant's

Durant's
Reserve with OpenTable
Durant's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 3,204 Restaurants in Phoenix
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Encanto
Cross street: Virginia
Reviewed 19 August 2017

This was always my favorite. I hadn't been there in years and went in for an early supper with a friend last week. It is as beautiful as ever and the wait staff is exceptional as always, but the food wasn't even remotely close to what it used to be. We spend 100$ for a light lunch/supper break. We ordered a side of broccoli with cheese on it and was brought out some microwaved broccoli (under cooked ) with a SLICE OF AMERICAN CHEESE ON TOP. I was stunned. The cheese wasn't even completely melted as the last culinary slap in the face. For what we paid, that should have been seasoned broccoli with grated craft cheese and maybe some pinon nuts or something nice. I was so embarrassed as I had talked this place up to my friend before I took her in. Beautiful ambiance, nice place maybe to have a cocktail, but the food is no longer worthy.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

My husband's family gathered here on very special occasions, since back in the 1950's.
Now as we are approaching our 23rd wedding anniversary - we have made it our date night every week!
Superb service, food and fun. We come in thru the back door thru the kitchen, and get greeted by Chef and staff. We recommend DURANT'S highly.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

The food was amazing. Delicious food and drinks, service was wonderful. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

I planned a date night with my girlfriend, and Durants was the place I chose before going to the Neil Diamond concert. I went to Durants a few years back, and I had a great time.
When we first arrived everyone in the back was really nice, and I thought we were going to have a great evening.
Our waiter Craig came to our table, and wasn't the friendliest, but we just thought he might be busy. We ordered a drink to begin our evening and it took Craig over ten minutes to bring it to us. He just quickly dropped it at the table and went away. We were ready to order, but he left in such a hurry we couldn't even place our order, and order another drink.
He then brought our food out, and once again just dropped it off. I spoke up while he was walking away and asked for a drink for my girlfriend, and myself. He quite rudely brought us another drink. We had to ask a another Latino girl who was a table setter to help us with more service as Craig never came back to our table. She was awesome, and we jokingly said that she shouldve been our waitperson instead of Craig. We were going to order desert and another drink, but we had enough with our horrible experience.
On our way out we tipped the Latino girl, and only left Craig $10.00.
Honestly, Craig would be better working at McDonald's.
Our experience at Durants was horrible thanks to Craig.
The Durants experience was half of my planned date. Thanks for ruining it Craig!

On a brighter side the food was awesome!

1  Thank BILL H
Reviewed 7 August 2017

We have dined at this "old Hollywood-styled" restaurant on 7th, in central Phoenix on many occasions. This time I feel was the best. If you are seeking to find a top-notch, historic restaurant in Phoenix, Durant's is the only choice.

Reminiscent of the now-closed Chason's in Beverley Hills (where Frank Sinatra, Jimmy Durranty, etc. had their favourite tables), this establishment, in all its glory of red-leather-tufted booths and dark wood, exudes elegance, charm, and pomp of decades past, without the pretense.

The food and service are impeccable. You know, one of those places where there are career waiters. Our waiter, Ron, was astonishing.

The 8 oz. Prime Rib ($34.25) and Scallops with Herb Cream ($50) were divine. Seriously, the best prime rib that I have ever had the pleasure of tasting in a restaurant. The beef dishes were of exquisite quality, as were the scallops. Divine!

The extensive wine list is very reasonably priced, without the massive mark-ups, the Rusty Nail ($9) I ordered as an apperitif was utterly massive, and what can I say? Seriously, It was like a triple pour, and I couldn't finish it.

These are a few reasons why we keep returning to Durant's, albeit only about once in a while…I can't tollerate red meat so often.

Durant's is the perfect place to entertain out-of-town guests, business associates, and friends. We will attend again and again.

Lastly, don't be intimidated by entering via the kitchen…it's their schtick. Enjoy!