“Best authentic African food in Phoenix!”
Review of Fu Fu Cuisine

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Fu Fu Cuisine
Ranked #1,807 of 3,176 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: African, Caribbean
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

Went with a group for first time to dine. Everything is very well prepared. I sampled the most popular foods on menu, and it was all excellent. Great neighborhood location.

2  Thank marydoe178

Reviewed 10 November 2013

I dined at this restaurant with a group of friends. The food was delicious, service and atmosphere was great.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

The food is excellent home made comfort cuisine from exotic lands. The service is very good from some very friendly people. I especially recommend the curried goat, although you can't go wrong with anything on the menu.

1  Thank Luv2dryv
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I read about Fu Fu on Delta Airlines Sky miles dining site. Since we enjoy trying new food, my son and I went here. It's located in a little mall. From the outside, it doesn't look like much. The decor is simple but the food is superb. We both ate stews served with fu fu, a doughy product made from yams. The waiter was a bit nervous that we didn't know what we were getting so he brought us samples to make certain that we liked it before we received our food. There was no problem. The food was delicious. The spices used are different from what most Americans might expect. If you are ready to eat "outside the box'" this is a place for you.

1  Thank Andreas T
Reviewed 6 October 2012

We found out about Fu-Fu while traveling to Phoenix on vacation. It sounded interesting and had good reviews on Urban Spoon, so we decided to try it out. We were not disappointed! The service was both friendly and helpful. Because the restaurant serves authentic African and Caribbean food, there are one or two dishes that don't typically match American tastes. Realizing this, our server (who I believe was also the owner) steered me away from a dish she was concerned I wouldn't like and towards one of the many dishes she thought I would enjoy. I greatly appreciated this, and her suggestion did not disappoint!

To start our meal, my wife and each had a beef patty/meat pie, which consisted of ground beef and spices stuffed inside pastry dough and baked. They were amazing, truly some of the best appetizers we had ever eaten! Our entrees were both excellent, as well. I chose a Caribbean dish consisting of stewed goat meat (chicken was an option also) and vegetables served over rice and topped with a wonderful sauce. Around the edge of the dish were perfectly cooked sweet plantains. My wife's dish was very good as well.

We loved our experience at Fu Fu and will have a hard time going to Phoenix without stopping by for a meal. I highly recommend it!

2  Thank GBUNT