“It;s Different”

Ranked #1,807 of 3,176 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: African, Caribbean
Reviewed 23 February 2015

1/23/15

Saw this place on the Travel Channel. Thought it would be an interesting place to try. It is a little place in a strip mall. The atmosphere is not that great but if you compare it to some of the places I have been in over seas you could say the atmosphere is average.

The items on the menu have a lot of beans & rice. The lady that runs the place is very friendly.

Cap & Virginia

1  Thank Emry L

Reviewed 19 November 2014

One of our "go down in history experiences" Best to miss -- no word to describe the lack of service. They are trying, but need training -- oh, my!

1  Thank sue8308
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We weren't sure what to expect, but the authenticity of the food didn't disappoint. Very casual atmosphere, and portions were perfectly sized. The Chicken Jollof and Fried Plantain were both outstanding. Despite warnings, the cassava was also really, really good! Do indeed beware, if you order the Egusi soup. It's really unusual and has a strong smoked fish flavor, however, if that's something that sounds good, you may really enjoy it. Also, you HAVE to try the Pof Pof!

1  Thank Serga C
Reviewed 11 December 2013

My wife & I are planning a visit to Africa and wanted a taste of Africa before we go.
Per the recommendation of an African couple, we ate at Fu Fu. I had the curried goat and she had the curried chicken. Both were excellent, portions were generous and the service was very friendly.
I even tried an African beverage, which had a strong ginger flavor, quite different!
We will be returning to try the talapia dishes.

2  Thank ctm7944
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

Went with a group for first time to dine. Everything is very well prepared. I sampled the most popular foods on menu, and it was all excellent. Great neighborhood location.

2  Thank marydoe178