“Great Hotel and Service”

Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel
Ranked #14 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

I have stayed at this property for several years when visiting Phoenix and it never disappoints. The staff are very friendly, especially the front desk, and the hotel is very well maintained. The food is truly exceptional from breakfast to dinner. My only constructive feedback would be that the service in the hotel bar area starts off strong but then the server disappears for long periods of time to the back kitchen area leaving your drinks empty for long periods of time. If they resolved that then easily a five star property. I appreciate the really committed approach they have to customer service at this property!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Marty R, Ren Care Team at Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

We truly appreciate your loyalty and your candid feedback about the service you received in our bar. This is not our standard and I hope you'll accept our apologies. We look forward to seeing you again, and I wish you safe travels!!

Reviewed 14 September 2017

great experience, great location, staff were awesome. We wanted for nothing. Everything was lovely from check in to check out. Was defiantly a welcoming Hotel, clean and the Breakfast was just perfect. The location is so awesome! Didn't have to drive anywhere.

Stayed: September 2017

Oh my gosh! We live for those words - 'We wanted for nothing.' That's our goal every single day with every single guest - yay! Thanks for choosing us and we sincerely hope you'll come back again!

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Let me start put by saying this is a great hotel. The staff was pleasant, the room was nice. Well aside from the dirty sock left in my room. I noticed it on day 2 and let the from desk know. The girl apologized and offered to buy me a coffee. Next day I came back into the room and noticed it had been cleaned. So I peaked under the night stand where my shoes were now placed and noticed the sock was still there. Annoyed I decided to email someone higher up and she in turn called me. We had a few laughs about it and she made up for it. Very nice lady and very accommodating. In the end I was satisfied with my stay.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Thanks for your sense of humor about a situation that shouldn't have happened in the first place! I'm happy it was resolved to your satisfaction. Safe travels and please come back to see us!

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed in the Marriott with my wife who attended Art Venture at the Marriott and then CREATAVATION at the conference centre.
Have to say what a great hotel. Room was generous and well maintained, staff were helpful and very accommodating. Fantastic downtown location. I can fault nothing!!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Marty R, Ren Care Team at Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Yippee! We love getting reviews like yours - thanks so much! Please come see us again!

Reviewed 1 September 2017

I just called the main number for the hotel and it rang and rang and nobody picked up the first three times I called, over a period of 30 minutes. Finally, the fourth time I called somebody answered and I was transferred to room reservations, where I spent a good 10 minutes on hold. Finally, a room reservation clerk answered, and I was able to ask about the parking fees at the Renaissance Downtown. I was verifying what I saw on the Internet, which is that they offer Valet Parking, with no mention of self-parking, and I was told that's because self-parking isn't an option. The fee is $32 per day (not for a 24 hour period) for valet parking, so if you check into the hotel on a Friday night at 9:00pm and you are checking out Saturday morning, but you have an event at the Convention Center on Saturday, you have to pay more in parking fees to leave your car parked at the hotel, beginning after check-out time, which is noon. So, to stay at the Renaissance, your parking fees can be upwards of $50 to park for a 24 hour period. I began to tell the man that he could pass along to his managers that he was losing a booking because of the exorbitant parking fees, but he hung up on me. Absolutely inexcusable rudeness from someone in a customer service field. And their parking fees are inexcusable as well. Do yourself a favor and check into the Hyatt Regency instead.

1  Thank Jacqueline A

Please accept our apologies for the situations you encountered on the phone. That behavior is never acceptable. I have passed your comments on to our Valet manager and he would love an opportunity to speak with you directly. Please contact me at either marty.rider@marriott.com or 602-333-5103 and I will be put you in touch with him right away. Thank you.