All reviewsroom was cleannice staythe breakfast areayogurtcolefreewaymicrowavefi
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

I had seen reviews to the contrary of my opinion, so why not chime in? Coral, the desk girl, was completely accommodating and made us feel welcome and special. We asked for a couple extra pillows,and they were there in no time. The room was cooled by the time we entered, and the continental breakfast was the best I have had in my travels.

Although we are on the other side of town relative to our baseball games, I can see us staying here again! I guess one small thought would be to keep rooms with groups of kids separate from adult travelers like us.

Nice job! Cheers!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mike S
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Our room was updated and clean. The bed was reasonably comfortable. We didn't experience traffic noise that was troublesome. The breakfast area was average. At first I thought that with just a bit of employee training this could be a great stop. But I learned that the issues went all the way to the top.

There was no luggage cart available when we arrived. I asked the desk to give me a call when it was returned so I could cooled the luggage. She said she would. 1/2 an hour later I went back down. The carry was there. I said nothing. The desk clerk said "I called you over and over but you never answered your phone." I told her our room phone had never rung. Pass in this one. She may have written the wrong number down.

There was no remote for our tv. We called the desk, they said the hotel was full so they didn't have time to look for a remote. I was more irritated by the tone than the lack of the remote. Pass.

Went for breakfast 40 minutes before breakfast was over. No eggs. I asked about them and was told they would be out in about 15 or 20 minutes. I was frustrated, but waited, there, at a table. 10 minutes before breakfast closed, they brought eggs. Now, there were no sausage or potatoes. I asked the same girl who very snottily informed me that breakfast was almost over, if I wanted sausage and potatoes, I should have come down sooner and if I had a problem I should talk to the manager. I did. Politely and with a spirit of.... "you have a great thing going here, but you need to know there's a problem in the kitchen. " He told me I should have gotten the sausage and potatoes when they were there. Point well taken, but I couldn't help thinking how cold they would have been when the eggs finally arrived. I thanked him for his time.

I needed to send some information to a business associate, so I went to the business center to fax it. There was a fax machine there. My associate was waiting, at a Staples in OK to receive it. I worked in it for over 1/2 an hour. The machine showed the call being made, it rang and it showed no answer. Staples insisted their phone didn't ring. Finally, I approached the front desk and asked if there was a trick to working the fax machine. The hotel manager said "Yeah,you gotta plug it into a phone line. We done have a line for it. "

Now, I heard every word of discussion at the front desk while I stood at the fax machine,so I knew he had heard my conversations with my associate and with the Staples personnel. Yet no one told me the fax machine was not functioning.

He offered to fax my document from the machine in his office. I thanked him.

I got the luggage cart, took it up in the very filthy elevator and we left.

This is not in out list of hotels we would like to return to.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lalocoloba
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

We flew in to Phoenix at midnight, got a car and this was the first hotel we saw. Glad it was open, but it was so dirty! The floor is tile, and I walked across the room to get into the shower and my feet were black with grime! Keep driving, go somewhere else!!!!!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Joshua S, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Phoenix North I-17, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Julie,

Thank you for taking the time to write about us. We apologize about the inconvenience and we will use your feedback to provide superior service. We hope you can stay with us again.

Management
Quality Inn Phoenix North I-17

Reviewed 23 February 2018

Located about as close to the I-17 din as possible, but that is not the real drawback. Tile flooring in our room was sticky and blackened feet/socks when walking across it only a few times. We actually had requested a re-mopping when we arrived as our shoes were sticking. Bed and room was comfortable which was good, toilet barely flushed, outside sidewalk looked more like downtown NYC. Internet was down during our stay and they never got it up leaving us to catch up on work when traveling. The soccer tournament required we "stay and play" and for $179/night, I feel it was a poor value.

Room Tip: Find a room in the back, away from the interstate noise.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 February 2018

Was forced into this hotel by a 3rd party travel agent placing teams and their families in Phoenix hotels for a youth soccer tournament. I would have never chose this hotel because I've never had good experiences with the Quality Inn brand...for good reason as it turns out.
The hotel is a motel, half of the rooms facing the highway, which actually felt safer than the other half of the rooms which face vacant offices and warehouses in a sketchy (or as my daughter would say, ratchet) neighborhood. I was worried about safety the whole weekend, but that part turned out OK. The rooms were actually decently clean, you could tell they recently replaced carpets and furniture, but the bathrooms were gross, with cracking plaster, grout, and while not dirty, they were dingy. Our faucet only produced hot water (not cold), and the air conditioner rattled like a fan hitting a playing card...all night long. We had to choose between the traffic noise and the rattling fan, the latter winning out. Common areas were no better with the stairwells and elevators dirty, and not well-maintained. Breakfast was OK. The pool was well-maintained, but not heated.

Worst piece is what they charged us. $179 a night! Place was sold out because of this tournament and the 3rd party agent who will be getting a call from me and a plea to never subject any future out-of-town guests to this sort of Phoenix "hospitality". The final straw is that the hotel ended up double billing us, and we're having to deal with getting them to credit our account now...what a pain.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here. And if you do, avoid the first floor for safety reasons.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family