We stayed on April 29th but I have been holding my review waiting for a call back from the General Manager, Tammy Brown. Since she has not returned my call from last week to address a situation I will go ahead and complete my review.
I did extensive research for my one night stay in Phoenix. We were coming down from a visit to the Grand Canyon and wanted to visit friends who live in Phoenix. Since my husband has status with Hilton we looked at their properties and this one appealed to us for the pool area. We were traveling with an 8 year old and the water park seemed like a great option. We were planning on not leaving the property once we checked in. We would be leaving early the next morning.
The front desk staff was very nice. The room we were given was very nice. A one bedroom that looked even nicer in person than in the photos I have seen posted here. The grounds were wonderful!!!
My information stated that Slim Pickins was open till 7pm. It was a bar and casual food option located at the pool/water park area. So my husband and son put on their swim clothes and figured they would swim a little then get some food. The first thing we did was order drinks there at the bar. First I want to say I am a light weight. I hardly ever drink. A glass of wine makes me tipsy! But a fruity tropical drink sounded great. If they put ANY alcohol in it I would be surprised. I basically paid over $10 for a fruit drink...
After swimming for 30 minutes my son and husband wanted to eat. I was waiting for a friend to arrive that lives in Phoenix and we were going to eat on site at another restaurant. Imagine my surprise when I went up to order food and they told me the kitchen was closed! I said the information I was given was that it was open till 7pm. They told me the kitchen closed at 6pm and the bar was open till 7pm. No where was I told this. So my husband and son had to dry off, change clothes, leave the pool area and head over to Hole in the Wall to get any food.
My friend arrived and we decided to also eat at Hole in the Wall. She wasn't very hungry and asked if the restaurant offered a side salad. She ordered that and a side of macaroni and cheese. We were so busy chatting and when the bill came I quickly added the tip and we left. It was not till I arrived home and was reviewing my receipts that I noticed they charged me $12 for a barbecue chicken salad for my friend! What? She was given a small little salad. I know it was my mistake for not reviewing my receipt. But what is more disappointing is that when I called the hotel and left a message last week about this the manager never bothered to get back to me.....
So there was good and bad. I enjoyed the room and the pool area was nice. The drinks were poor in bar area. Food was pretty bad at the Hole in the Wall. I ordered a roast chicken and potato dish. The chicken looked baked and anemic! We also ate breakfast at Ricos the next day. Once again the service was disappointing. I asked for water TWICE and was never given it. We did order from the omelet station and that was nice. It did take them DAYS to finally charge us for our breakfast. Would I recommend this place? Yes...but not their food and beverage services.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled into the slopes of the Phoenix North Mountains with a Spanish-Mediterranean design, the Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort offers one of the most unique Southwestern experiences in the country. Located on 27 acres, the property is bordered by 3,000 acres of scenic Sonoran desert in the adjacent mountain preserve and features 563 all-suite accommodations, including nearly 80 large casitas. The Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort, known for its family-friendly experience, offers several outdoor activities and features the River Ranch with four acres of shimmering pools, cascading waterfalls, tennis and basketball courts and the Coyote Camp, the resort's lively kids' center. Additional highlights include unique dining experiences at Rico's American Grill and Hole-in-the-Wall, and luxurious services at its fitness centre and Tocasierra Spa and Salon. The Resort is also proud to announce the completion of - Rejuvenated Meeting Space and the New Agave Suites at North Pointe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Hotel Phoenix
- Hilton Hotel Phoenix
- Hilton Phoenix
- Squaw Peak Resort
- Phoenix Hilton
- Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort Phoenix, Arizona