All reviews the concierge lounge phoenix airport front desk shuttle runs lobby bar an early flight would stay here again business hotel next morning meeting space every staff member sky harbor business trip room service the shuttle driver bit dated up to date
Reviewed 13 June 2016

I called the hotel for a pick-up and used the convenient airport shuttle to get to the hotel. My check-in was quick and painless. Even though I was early, my room was available (Yay!!). I had an okay breakfast ordered off of the menu in the restaurant. I used the buffet the next day and it was awesome. The buffet is only a few dollars more than the menu selections, so I highly recommend the buffet for multiple options. The Airport Marriott lost a star because it really needs to be updated. I think the last renovation may have been in the early 1990s. There were several payphones lined up in the lobby, and they had old school unfiltered water fountains but nothing that I could use to fill up my reusable water bottle. I asked the front desk, and they offered a plastic bottle of water, which was nice but missed the point. The ceilings in the hall show water damage, the wallpaper in the room is splitting at the seems, and the room furniture is a bit out dated. Even though I listed the previous issues, I need to clarify that, overall, I enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: The wifi is free if you have a Marriott Rewards account.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank INeedAVacayStat
David L, Director of Sales at Phoenix Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2016

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Marriott Phoenix Airport. We also appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback. We are glad your overall stay was enjoyable and will take your feedback to the Executive committee for review. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Phoenix.
Warm regards,
David L

Reviewed 13 June 2016

Reservations:Made online with ease.
Check In: Very nice person at the front desk; cheerful and happy to help us out after a long day and delayed flight.
Room: Standard Marriott, and that was just fine. Clean, larger bathroom than at other Marriotts.
Concierge Lounge: Attractive. Breakfast did not have a lot of different offerings, but what they served was flavorful. The young woman working there really tried hard to keep everything clean and orderly.
Value: Good.
Parking: Plentiful and free.
Summary: If you want a convenient, clean, quiet space with good service, and don't expect anything fancy, this is the place for you.

Recommend and will return if we are in the area.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2016

I stayed in this hotel for couple of nights in May 2016.
What I liked about this hotel:
1) Location (close to everything)
2) Clean rooms, comfy bed, nice decor, clean bathroom - everything what I expected from Marriott brand
3) Nice view especially from the top floors
4) Great breakfast

What I didn't like - can't think of anything that bothered me

Overall - very nice hotel for business or personal travel.
I'd stay in here in the future if I have a chance.

Room Tip: try to get the room on high floor
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Wincent
Reviewed 3 June 2016

I stay at a lot of hotels each year, there are things that I find important, and others that are not so much. This is just part of the business travel life. Beds, internet, location and service. Marriotts are a preference. They have excellent facilities. Rooms are the same, but beds are great. Internet is good. This one is no exception. But the service was really over the top. Every employee that passed me asked me if my stay was going well, how was my day going, am I enjoying the trip. And, they were very genuine, they do seem to care and happy to work here. I run a lot of factories, and you can't fake this type of thing. The employees must be happy, and this over flows to the service. What ever is happening here, it is contagious and makes the stay very pleasant. To me, it stands out and if the area, come and stay.

Room Tip: There are rooms that overlook the mountains. Very nice.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 June 2016 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel to be close to airport with very early flight. Hotel provides 24 shuttle service to the airport . Hotel is a little tired but overall a convenient place to stay near phx airport . They do have full service restaurant and lobby has been renovated

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
David L, Director of Sales at Phoenix Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2016

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and providing your feedback relative to your recent stay. We are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to the Phoenix area.
David L