All reviews glass of wine cookies cold beer mid century stardust hotel welcome drink retro style whiskey row resident cat gas fireplace place to stay upon check honeymoon suite front porch small kitchen chain hotel owners and staff
Reviewed 25 May 2017

Small, very clean, quirky roadside inn......the guys that own it have taken an old, not so nice place into a sparkling, clean, funky little inn...each cabin is unique, and other than no pool for a warm summer day's dip, what a fun place to rest your head.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Rodney B
Reviewed 25 May 2017

What a nice change from staying in a Chain hotel! From the beers waiting in the fridge, to the friendliness of the staff and the cookies given at check out, my wife and I loved it. We stayed in room #11. It was the perfect size, exceptionally clean and the bed was so comfortable, we were excited to go to sleep the following night. I'm 6'5' and had no issue with the shower. The Square is an easy walk with many restaurants to choose from. We had a wine fridge in the kitchen ( no other appliances/utensils besides a coffee machine with mugs/coffee, etc.) , so we picked up some beer and wine and had drinks on our deck right outside our room, it was our favorite part of the trip! If you are looking for something unique, this is the place for you. Private space, mixed with an eclectic furniture and a warm staff, made the Motor Lodge one of our favorite places to stay in recent memory!

Stayed: May 2017
1  Thank Max02215
Reviewed 20 May 2017 via mobile

This retro motor lodge is super comfy and the staff/ owners go out of their way to take care of their guests. The rooms are big, well kept and have a refrigerator AND a corkscrew. The bed has soft comfy sheets. I needed a microwave while there and though the room didn't come with one, Mark (hope I got the name right) went and got one to put in the room for my stay. That's customer service at its best.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 May 2017

It was nice to stay somewhere a little bit different than every chain hotel nowadays. The owner was friendly, and it was great talking to other guests. I appreciated how it felt like a small community in which people were nice and you were taken care of. We walked to the downtown square area, which took about ten minutes. Also, it was probably the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ERA444
Reviewed 15 May 2017

I was dubious going into this hotel, but I was also the one that chose The Motor Lodge as our first resting point on our road trip across the SouthWest. We started in Vegas at the tail end of a business conference for me, rented a car, and headed east. After searching through towns and lodgings for months before the trip without any success, my husband stumbled upon Prescott as a possibility. Then, I found The Motor Lodge.

The 100% positive reviews seemed too good to be true. They are not. This place is a gem, a one-of-a-kind find, and I wish we had had more time to spend there. Everything everyone previously said is true.

Upon arrival, Brian greeted us with a beer and wine. He took us to our room, and explained how they renovated the space, complete with a very interesting history of the headboard. He was detailed in his explanation of Prescott to the right degree and even recommended the place I'd already been eyeing for dinner.

The room was designed to a tee. It was also impeccably clean. Design and function were nicely balanced, and we feel like they thought of everything. I wish there were more of this type of lodging today and more of the extremely thoughtful innkeepers who run the place as well.

We'd readily return.

Room Tip: All rooms are unique. No bad choices.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple