“Very disappointing”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Bistro @ the Royal Hawaiian Coffee & Wine Co.
Price range: US$0 - US$11
Cuisines: Deli, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: An Adventure in Flavor! From Homemade Pizza Crusts to Homemade Pizza Sauces, Homemade Pasta Sauces to Organic Salads & Homemade Desserts. The serious food lover will enjoy this delicious dining experience. Come to relax and enjoy a laid back experience. We only serve slow food here and do not modify our menu for the non-adventurous. Only Food Flavor foods are served here at The Bistro. Come~Relax~Enjoy
Reviewed 27 January 2012

Wow...went to the Royal Hawaiian last Saturday to meet a friend for coffee and snacks without previous experience so this was my first impression.
Immediately, unsure if we should seat ourselves or be seated as the sign was 1/2 out by the entrance door. Turned out we were to seat ourselves. There were no clean tables, although there were 3 empty but dirty ones with the previous patron's dishes on them - not really a big deal as it just seemed as if it was busy and the busser needed to come through. Waited for over 10 minutes to just get a menu, then the server walked away without taking the dirty dishes and I had to point out that he should take them away and clean off the table. He seemed positively perplexed by this. He took the dishes but did not wipe off the table, I later had to do that myself.
It took 20 minutes to get a hot mocha coffee and a pre-done chocolate dessert. The coffee was way too sweet, the dessert was actually excellent. I noticed that a table of 2 that came in after us gave up on the service and left during this time.
I had to remind the server to bring silverware to eat the dessert. And a napkin.
I am not sure if this was his first time working in this restaurant, as I'd never been here before. I seriously doubt I will ever return however as the experience was SO BAD I am sorry to say. The atmosphere was cozy and inviting - a fake fireplace (but nice) in the corner, cozy couch and chairs, comfy tables, that part was very nice.
I can only imagine what Chef Robert from Restaurant Impossible (HGTV) would do here. The potential is fabulous! Sadly, my experience was anything but that.

1  Thank Needbeachtime

Reviewed 4 November 2011

Food is ample and very good-but hours are particular. Open for lunch, but not always for dinner. More than once have arrived to find the place closed.

Reviewed 10 September 2011

You will not be disappointed! Hands down the best pizza I have ever eaten and the friends with me agreed. One of our friends was trying to figure out how she could get some pizzas to take back to Washington on an upcoming trip. This is a family business. The husband sold us a great bottle of wine at an amazing price at the 'Wine Co. ' next door.. ( No Corking Fee!!), the wife was our host and the daughter was our server. The atmosphere they have created is welcoming and comfortable. We will be returning to try some of the salads and sandwiches. 2 large pizzas (with 4 pieces to take home), bottle of wine and 2 beers for 45.00
Good value, Great Service, Awesome food, Special place! 5 stars for the Bistro!

1  Thank roadtriperArizona
Reviewed 14 July 2011

We had a nice experience here but it is a bit odd. There are a number of rules which may be a bit off-putting to some. No substitutions from the menu. If you want wine, it must be ordered from the wine store adjacent to the restaurant. She had a panni sandwich, which was very good but if you want a side such as fries or a side salad those are extra. I had the Sanguinetti salad which was excellent. Lots of good flavors, so much so that I hardly put any of the balsamic vinegar and oil dressing on it -- did not really need dressing. We have since been told that the thing to order here are the pizzas, which are supposed to be excellent. That will have to wait for a return visit. Hours are bit odd, ending at 3 pm during the week so this is breakfast and lunch only. They do have a special on Friday nite and remain open until 7 pm then. It may be a case of trying to do too much here -- special menus for breakfast, for teas and drinks, for hamburgers, and for panninis - I sense a lack of focus.

1  Thank H20Doc
Reviewed 20 May 2011

An enjoyable experience .......one has time to enjoy a conversation and breathe. Family owned (Clyde and Lynette) having been there several times now on first named basis. Their food is delicious and never served a bad meal. (having had Lunch and Dinner) One of the few places in Precott you can pick your wine and have it with a meal. Stop by to pick a wine for your special dinner Clyde will give you several suggestions.