“Best Pizza in Prescott, Arizona”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Bistro @ the Royal Hawaiian Coffee & Wine Co.
Price range: US$0 - US$11
Cuisines: Deli, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: An Adventure in Flavor! From Homemade Pizza Crusts to Homemade Pizza Sauces, Homemade Pasta Sauces to Organic Salads & Homemade Desserts. The serious food lover will enjoy this delicious dining experience. Come to relax and enjoy a laid back experience. We only serve slow food here and do not modify our menu for the non-adventurous. Only Food Flavor foods are served here at The Bistro. Come~Relax~Enjoy
Reviewed 26 April 2013

Pizza at The Bistro is thin and crispy. It boasts the best crust and toppings you can find in Prescott -- bar none. This pizza is baked thin all the way to its edges. Tasty toppings cover the entire crust. It contains no doughy excess carbs. If you want lighter fare, The Bistro offers excellent salads as well. Find its website at http://www.thebistrorh.com/default.html .

Reviewed 4 April 2013

Call ahead, it's a family run operation.

1. The Bistro and the Veritas Wine Co. in Prescott Lakes are beyond most southwestern-raised folk... like myself. Why certain restaurants in Prescott get high ratings on here is BEYOND me. I live here, I work here, and I eat here. I know all the restaurant owners in Prescott by name. (The good ones)

The Bistro is a family owned place. It's classy, and the owner put their heart into it. They buy the best ingredients, the best spices, and they make real food. It's not cheap (meaning under $10) and it's not easily forgotten.

2. Not just good food, diverse food. Clyde used to send out this email every week on what they were cooking for the 35-40 lucky diners who reserved a table at his place on the weekend. Every week was a tour of global delicacies. It doesn't get better in Prescott. Nowhere. Don't care what the "clientele" is... I'm a cook... It doesn't get better.

3. Most overlooked place within a 100 miles. Having a wine shop paired with a restaurant is genius. Clyde knows his wines. Just going into the place is an education. Prescott's #1 undiscovered secret.

4. Pizza? Really? Tons of people rave about the pizza. Yes... it's good. Of course it's good. It's like getting Jacques Pépin to cook you pizza. But wouldn't you rather have the special?

Do yourself a favor when you're in Prescott. Call ahead, get a reservation. Tell Clyde, Matt sent you. :)

6  Thank ChatWithMatt
Reviewed 23 March 2013 via mobile

Light & tasty! Great pizza! Recommend for lunch. Wine available by bottle. Pleasnt atmosphere European style. Desserts home made.

Reviewed 21 January 2013

While the wait was very long, that first bite made us appreciate the time it took for them to prepare our hot, fresh pizza. It was truly scrumptious & the ambiance of the place is perfect!

Reviewed 27 January 2012

Wow...went to the Royal Hawaiian last Saturday to meet a friend for coffee and snacks without previous experience so this was my first impression.
Immediately, unsure if we should seat ourselves or be seated as the sign was 1/2 out by the entrance door. Turned out we were to seat ourselves. There were no clean tables, although there were 3 empty but dirty ones with the previous patron's dishes on them - not really a big deal as it just seemed as if it was busy and the busser needed to come through. Waited for over 10 minutes to just get a menu, then the server walked away without taking the dirty dishes and I had to point out that he should take them away and clean off the table. He seemed positively perplexed by this. He took the dishes but did not wipe off the table, I later had to do that myself.
It took 20 minutes to get a hot mocha coffee and a pre-done chocolate dessert. The coffee was way too sweet, the dessert was actually excellent. I noticed that a table of 2 that came in after us gave up on the service and left during this time.
I had to remind the server to bring silverware to eat the dessert. And a napkin.
I am not sure if this was his first time working in this restaurant, as I'd never been here before. I seriously doubt I will ever return however as the experience was SO BAD I am sorry to say. The atmosphere was cozy and inviting - a fake fireplace (but nice) in the corner, cozy couch and chairs, comfy tables, that part was very nice.
I can only imagine what Chef Robert from Restaurant Impossible (HGTV) would do here. The potential is fabulous! Sadly, my experience was anything but that.

1  Thank Needbeachtime