“A brewpub with coffeehouse charm”

Granite Mountain Brewing
Ranked #27 of 71 things to do in Prescott
More attraction details
Owner description: Serving small, batch hand-crafted American style ales brewed on site in a laid-back brewery and taproom. Now serving Arizona wine, local mead and hard cider. Enjoy a pint or try a flight to sample everything on tap. Our expanded light fare menu features fresh items, prepared in-house. Take a seat at our custom bar to gaze at the brewhouse or unwind in an armchair or couch for conversation or board games with friends. We also offer seating on our secluded back patio. We host live music, special events and more - check our website for details.
Reviewed 7 June 2016

There are two very good brewpubs in historic Prescott and this is one of them. I liked it right away because of the atmosphere: quiet, subdued, with plenty of big, plush seats and low tables to sit by with friends and conversation. The beer assortment is quite extensive. I tried the 5% ABV beer that was rich and flavorful.

Pints vary in price. My beer was $4.50 but some of the higher-alcohol beer were $6 a pint. I asked the friendly server why there was no happy hour, since the place was empty while the competitor around the corner was packed and loud. This place is definitely more for the beer aficionado.

This place also serves a few dishes. (I didn't try any) All the features are written on chalkboards behind the counter. There is also a small back patio for warm summer days, and there is live music on the weekends.

1  Thank conniegum

Reviewed 28 March 2016

We had a couple of great beers here on a Sunday night, so not too much action in the place. We played a game of Scrabble and I noticed some other patrons playing the available board games too. It was very dark inside though and I did have trouble seeing the Scrabble tiles. My beer was $6, a little bit expensive, but it was tasty.

Reviewed 5 July 2015 via mobile

Good selection, they even featured three beers on tap that weren't theirs, how nice!
They had a saison that was good, their milk stout was good, and I enjoyed the strawberry blonde! IPA was refreshing to me!

1  Thank Brenna G
Reviewed 4 July 2015

We stopped in for drinks and appetizers. We were disappointed that on a hot day they didn't have iced tea. Other than that the food and drinks were good. We ordered the popper dip, a brushetta and a club sandwich. The dip for my taste seemed a bit salty. The club sandwich was very very good. Fun place to stop with friends.

1  Thank Beasley33
Reviewed 11 April 2015

Enjoyable brewery to drop by for a beer or two. The bartender we had was a complete saint. She was willing to let these extremely annoying, snobby folks try about 10 different items before most of them chose something.

Beer selection is nice, ambiance is a good setting for a brewery. The beer was good overall as well. It was too bad there weren't more people in here on a weekend nite. This is definitely a great place to drop by for one or two pints. Maybe not the place to hang for 3-4 hours but plenty fine with a few friends for an hour.

I'd definitely come back when in town in the future.

2  Thank GlendaleCA