“good and close to home”
Review of Plaza Bonita

Plaza Bonita
Reviewed 11 July 2017

just good Mexican food the enchilatas and refried beans good. good service. good outdoor space. short drive from home.

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed 5 July 2017

My wife & I wanted to try this well rated (TA) Mexican place in PV, as we like Mexican food and are new to this area. The decor is festive & pretty, with brightly painted wooden chairs & wall hangings. The service was good, but not as attentive as we like (had to ask for re-fills, getting check, etc.). The food was also good, but not as good as we hoped. We always rate a Mexican place on it's chips & salsa, liking fresh, thinner chips and a salsa that's chunky with tomato, onion & cilantro flavors and a mild to medium "kick" of spicy heat. Here the salsa is wet & thin, not chunky at all, and had a little spicy flavor but more like a taco sauce; came up short overall to our taste.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

We eat here often! Good food, good prices and friendly service. It's very close to our home in North Prescott Valley.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

Had a good lunch here. The chips and salsa were good. Service was excellent. I had the deluxe burrito which was good but not good enough for me to rave about.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 25 February 2017

Although the place wasn't crowded at all, it took at least 10 minutes to get seated. The chips were average and the salsa was runny and thin. My chili relleno on my combination plate made up for it. It was EXCELLENT. The chile poblano pepper was hot and stuffed with melty casique cheese. It was dipped in egg batter, but didn't have a heavy crust. I had the burrito and enchilada on my combination plate as well. The shredded beef enchilada was really good. There was nothing special about the burrito. My friend had the Macho Burrito. It was filled with chicken, rice and beans and was presented with guacamole on top and she raved about it. The guacamole was fresh and chunky. For dessert we split the Chimichanga Manzana. Don't bother getting this.....canned apples and nothing to the dessert other than a fried tortilla. Instead get the Deep Fried Ice Cream which is vanilla ice cream in a crisp cinnamon ground coating, served in a flour tortilla "bowl" & topped w/ honey & whipped cream. I did complain about the frozen margarita. It had no flavor and tasted like ice. The manager said, "That was the problem. You should have gotten the margarita on the rocks." (Go figure) The 3 of us got out of there for about $90.00

Date of visit: February 2017