“Fantastic taquitos”

Ranked #66 of 1,341 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Price range: US$2 - US$24
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Best Mexican Soul Food in Arizona. Unique flavors of authentic Mexico City dishes. One of the Top Five largest Tequileria in United States.
Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

My mom and I went out to dinner with my brother and sister in law. Barrio Queen is not your typical American-Mexican cuisines is more authentic Tex-Mexican food. There is a wait for the patio when the temp is right in the evening to sit outside. We were seated right away indoors. There was ample space for my nephew in the baby carrier at the table we were sitting at. The happy hour menu was very good at Barrio Queen just to try the food. My favorite is their fantastic taquitos that just melt in your mouth. I also like their chips. There is something for everybody on Barrio Queen's menu. I was hard to make a decision. I went with their veggie street tacos. The street tacos can get messy to pick with being loaded with the toppings. I like the tacos with corn tortillas. Inside of the Barrio Queen can get noisy with a lot people around the dinner hour. Overall, I would like to come back and eat at the Barrio Queen when I'm visiting family in Arizona.

Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

After reading reviews, we expected the best mexican food in Scottsdale. We were disappointed. We went around 5 PM & the restaurant was not crowded but it took our server quite a while to acknowledge us. Then it took a along time for our margarita to come. We had the guacamole made table side & that was only fair. We had manuto which was good & a brisket enchilada which was only fair. Again our server was slow & not well trained. We had gone to The Mission several weeks ago & expected their superior service & food quality

Reviewed 19 April 2018

We went here for dinner with another couple and we all became instant Barrio Queen fans. The food selection is vast, the drinks were great - and the food was really good. The outdoor seating area was really nice and service was good throughout our meal.

If you are in the mood for good Mexican food and good margaritas, put this place on your list.

Reviewed 14 April 2018

The tacos here are top notch. We tried a bunch of different ones and they were all awesome. We also had taquitos for a starter which were great as well. The only knock is that the service was rather poor. Our waitress was never around and very slow.

Barrio Q, Guest Relations Manager at Barrio Queen, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Hi Nebjosh, we are sorry that your experience at Barrio Queen was not a good one. We like to treat everyone like family. We are sorry we did not meet your expectations. We would like to invite you back to try us again. Please contact us as soon as possible at info@barrioqueen.com. Provide us the date and location of your visit, your name. email and phone number where we can reach you. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and we look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

Friends and I went for lunch. Got carne asadas taco and 2 grill shrimp tacos and they were the best tacos I've ever had! The guacamole is made right in front of you and super fresh. Got a couple margaritas which were typical. Very friendly waiter. Got busy so took longer than I wanted to get checked out, but wasn't going to complain cuz the food was bomb! We already want to go back during our short trip here.

Hi Ally, so glad you loved our tacos. We hope to see you soon!