“Great food, but pricey cocktails.”
Review of Barrio Queen

Barrio Queen
Ranked #66 of 1,341 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Price range: US$2 - US$24
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Best Mexican Soul Food in Arizona. Unique flavors of authentic Mexico City dishes. One of the Top Five largest Tequileria in United States.
Reviewed 2 May 2018

Saturday Lunch. Sat at the bar to avoid the 20 minute wait to get a table inside. Started with a perfect Margarita ($16) which was just OK for the price. Then I tried the Barrio Pollo Burrito. The mix of spiced chicken, caramelized onions and roasted peppers was excellent! Lots of flavor. I tasted my wifes Carne Asada Torta which was just OK. Service and atmosphere in the bar were excellent. I'll be back for another Burrito, but I stick to a cold Cerveza next time.

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

I was amazed by the decoration and the ambience of this restaurant! The food was so good...Nothing to compare with any other mexican restaurant we visited in Phoenix metro area. Service was very professional. A must visit!!!!

Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

When were in Cabo San Lucas some 25 or so years ago, we ate at a restaurant called Mia Casa. I was hoping to find a good chili relleno on the menu. Alas, no chili rellenos, but there was something called Chiles en Nogada. I asked about it. It was a stuffed poblano pepper with an almond sauce. That sounded a bit strange, but I ordered it and got what was the most incredibly delicious Mexican dish I had ever eaten.

Ever since then, I have looked for it in every Mexican I have eaten in, unsuccessfully. Until today at the Barrio Queen in Scottsdale. There it was, at the very top of the entree list. Chiles en Nogada. It was every bit as good as I remember.

We also shared the excellent guacamole, prepared at the table. My daughter and son in law got tacos and devoured them. The service was excellent. We ate inside and it was noisy...from 66 to 85 dB with an average of 75 dB. It didn’t bother us. We far too busy enjoying the food.

Reviewed 25 April 2018

The food was wonderful! I had shrimp tacos, my husband and son had enchiladas and we all were pleased. Their guacamole was the best I've ever had. we went on a Friday night and the place was busy so be prepared for a 45/50 minute wait, but well worth it. we enjoyed their house margaritas while waiting.

Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

My mom and I went out to dinner with my brother and sister in law. Barrio Queen is not your typical American-Mexican cuisines is more authentic Tex-Mexican food. There is a wait for the patio when the temp is right in the evening to sit outside. We were seated right away indoors. There was ample space for my nephew in the baby carrier at the table we were sitting at. The happy hour menu was very good at Barrio Queen just to try the food. My favorite is their fantastic taquitos that just melt in your mouth. I also like their chips. There is something for everybody on Barrio Queen's menu. I was hard to make a decision. I went with their veggie street tacos. The street tacos can get messy to pick with being loaded with the toppings. I like the tacos with corn tortillas. Inside of the Barrio Queen can get noisy with a lot people around the dinner hour. Overall, I would like to come back and eat at the Barrio Queen when I'm visiting family in Arizona.