“Go here if you like bad food”
Review of El Molino Mexican Cafe - CLOSED

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: Downtown Scottsdale
Reviewed 4 January 2017

with all of the great choices in our area for Mexican food it is to bad this place will give people the impression of local Mexican food. I ordered via Postdates. the food was cold and tasteless. Too much grease and oil. No fresh ingredients. If you want good Mexican food I suggest you try another of the many Mexican restaurants in the area.

Reviewed 12 November 2016

I visited for the first time with my Godfather who has eaten here for over 30 years.

I enjoyed the homemade horchata and appreciated the free refill.

I had a shredded beef taco because that is how I rate a Mexican food place. I enjoyed the taco and the hot sauce.

I also had a cheese enchilada with red sauce which was also good. It came with a side of rice and beans.

I would return.

Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

You get a lot for your money here. Mainly a take out place. You order and pay at the counter. I tried the corn tamale with green sauce ($4.25) and cheese enchilada with red sauce ($2.95). Each dish came in its own large round container as each comes with plenty of sauce, lettuce, tomato, onions. The green sauce is definately spicier than red. I also ordered flan ($1.75) but it was overcooked...consistency of dense scrambled eggs so I didn't eat it...but at that price...so what. Menu is fairly large (including multiple varieties of cheese crisps). I look forward to trying more. Service was great...a young man was training behind the counter and the women cooking were kind and helpful as he learned. There are a few places to sit so I could have eaten there, but since I was staying at the Extended Stay, it was easier just to eat in my room. I will be coming back again...but never on Sunday or holidays since they are closed.

Reviewed 24 June 2016

I bought food to take back to hotel.. It was nice and hot and great food. Good price for the amount of food you get.

Reviewed 14 June 2016

Good flavor, but way too spicy. The salsa literally burned our mouths. Service was a bit grumpy and slow. Not somewhere we'll stop at again when we're in town.