“Drink up”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Brew Pub
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stopped in on a recommendation from a local shuttle driver boasting about their prime rib dinner. Maybe it was a bad night but this piece of "meat" was the worst I've had anywhere in my 58 years of existance. The steamed broccoli was cold and hard, the mussels were tough but the goat cheese baked potato was really good! Having said that, the drinks were top notch and bartender was solid. So go for the drinks and elsewhere for food.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Smelled the smoker down the street & had to check this out. Developed eggs were great! Smoked Turkey was soooo good. Hubs had the lunch platter with 2 different meats & was quite happy. Happy Hour specials are very good here!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We popped in for a late lunch only to discover an all-day, Sunday happy hour! The aroma of meats smoking over various woods punctuated the air in this old-west ambiance eatery.

I have never been a fan of BBQ, and Bootleggers changed my mind. Just for this place though.The Smoked Chicken Wings ($5) were fabulous. We chose the honey-Sriracha variety which were delicious, although a little sticky. Upon request for moist towelettes to clean up our fingers, our obliging server brought two hot linen serviettes!

The wings were accompanied by pickled carrots, celery, and cauliflower, as well as a yogurt-cilantro dipping sauce that was very much an Indian chutney. Interesting twist.

The Margaritas ($6.50) were very good. Hand-prepared, I believe. They were perfect with the wings. If you are used to ready-made mixes, you might request extra sweetener.

Both the French Dip and Brisket Sandwiches were ample and of very good quality. The baguette was excellent, as was the jus, the latter of which was a little thicker and far smokier than you would find at most restaurants. Fabulous!

Our server, who was the bartender also, was extremely helpful and resourceful. He truly went the extra mile.

The dessert menu appeared to be really unique and creative. As such, we ordered the Bourbon Brownie to share. A la mode, it was topped with vanilla ice cream, a rich caramel sauce, and a very generous deluge of candied nuts.

We will go again!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

When driving to old town Scottsdale, I thought that this was going to be yet again another BBQ place. My son found this. I was wrong. The atmosphere, service, and food was really special. In particular, the presentation and combination of the items on the dishes and servings made it fun. The sauces and sides are particularly tasty and add to the flavors of the BBQ items. Easy recommend if you are looking for BBQ but wanting to do something different.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Saw this place reviewed on TV. So, we’re in town we’d thought we would try it. The restaurant and surrounding area is nice. We shared the sampler for two, and a few side dishes. The BBQ was ok, not great. I thought the ribs, and turkey were on the dry side. The sausage was great I thought. Brisket ok too. Service was good and friendly.