New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Fairmont Scottsdale Princess

Fairmont Scottsdale Princess
Ranked #9 of 76 Hotels in Scottsdale
Orange, California
“Everything you want and need!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

We justayed over the presidents holiday and my 3 children had a wonderful time from fishing in the ponds to playing basketball and the water slides... Many options to choose from .. My husband and I enjoyed the fire pit areas that are throught the property.... The food was really good and the drinks were really yummy! It does come at a price this is a high end property .... So if you need to look at the $$$ you may want to pass... If not relax and enjoy!!

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Sccrmom3
Elise P, Director of Sales at Fairmont Scottsdale Princess, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
Dear Guest,

We were so pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay at our resort over the President’s holiday. It’s been our goal to provide a family friendly experience. You’ll be happy to know that we were just named Arizona’s “Best Family Staycation” resort by the AZ Republic. We would love the opportunity to host your visit again. Our Leisure Activity Director has planned some exciting activities for kids planned over Spring Break and the summer. Please check our website for Bobcat Billy’s Activity schedule to make sure you are ‘in-the-know’ with all that’s available before your next visit. If I can be of personal assistance, please don’t hesitate to call me at 480-585-4848.

Warm regards,

Pam Gilbert
Director of Sales and Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (617)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

This place is outdated, at lease our room. It is clean, but nothing indicates 5-star hotel. When I walked into our room, my thought was - I will never stay at Fairmont again! One of the restaurants we went to was average at the best - food was average and service was bad. Our waiter didn't tell us what dishes were out that night until we placed our order. I thought it could be better. One other thing is that it makes you feel like a second class guest if you don't belong to their President's Gold Club. I don't think I would ever stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of their desert garden or golf course.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bwang20874
Dear Guest,

I was disappointed to learn that your recent stay with us did not meet your expectations. We pride ourselves in providing an exceptional vacation experience for all our guests, not just the Fairmont President Club members. The resort has completed over $60 million in renovations in the past few years. All our standard guest rooms, Fairmont Gold and main suites received a complete renovation. Our Casitas have recently received upgrades as well. I would love to speak with you personally and identify what guest room you stayed in during your visit and learn more about your experience. We hope you will allow us to host your visit when you return to Scottsdale. I invite you to contact me to further discuss your time with us and the potential of hosting a return visit. Thank you for sharing your concerns.

Warm regards,

Pam Gilbert
Director of Sales and Marketing
Litchfield Park, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

My husband and I stayed here for our 5th anniversary weekend. The hotel from the outside looks very nice but compared to other properties in Scottsdale I think it is a bit dated. Some areas look redone but others seem kind of old. Our room was nice, it has a nice comfortable bed and good balcony on one side overlooking a pool. but we had a room on the second floor that was right outside the main bar/ nightclub (which is outside on the first floor) so we heard pulsing music till very late. That was kind of a turn off from the hotel. It seems like any room which faces the open air courtyard (which is a lot) would also have the same problem. The spa was amazing though!!! While extremely expensive it was worth it! It has an awesome pool, and great facilities. There is waterfalls everywhere and it is really relaxing! The people a the spa are so nice and accommodating. Overall the hotel was okay but what makes this hotel is the spa!!!

Room Tip: Don't get a room that is by the late night bar/ nightclub-- noisy at night!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

Stayed here for business meetings and have to say that the hotel handled everything quite well. The staff were very helpful whenever called upon. If you are a golfer, the hotel is tied-in with the TPC Scottsdale, so make sure you take the chance to play it. We were fortunate enough to play on the course the week before the Open and experience it through that view.

The grounds of the hotel are wonderful with ponds and pools. I never dined in any of the restaurants as most of our meals were either in the meetings, or off-site for our group. The bars at the hotel provide a nice mix of lounging inside or out, depending on the temperature. I was there in January and the evenings were cooler, about 45, but they had either firepits or heatlamps going to keep things comfortable. Drinks were on the pricey side.

I stayed in one of the casitas, which was fantastic. The space was huge and very comfortable. The bathroom area was massive and even had a walk-in closet. Visited friends that were in the main part of the hotel and would say that the rooms in there were much larger than a normal hotel and very comfortable as well.

Room Tip: My room was in the casita area, which are very large suites, and are located about a two-minute walk...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Denver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

I stayed at the Scottsdale Princess while attending a work conference. I stayed in one of the outlying Fairmont Gold Junior Suites and it was undoubtedly the nicest hotel room I've ever stayed in. The design of the room was visually appealing, and I really liked how they segmented the room with an upgraded wet bar. The bathroom was enormous and very well appointed. There was even a nice little balcony overlooking the golf course.

The overall hotel grounds were quite large. There are different pools, and very nice fountains all around. I took a few jogs in surrounding neighborhoods, which are all very upscale and nice.

There are two minor cons:
1) The fitness room is somewhat outdated and small relative to the size of the hotel.
2) The water needed to run for about 10 minutes before warming up.

That being said, this is still what I reference as the nicest hotel I've ever stayed at.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business