13 people are viewing this hotel
PricelineUS$639
Hotels.comUS$639
travelup.comUS$1,043
4,646 results
All reviews la hacienda bourbon steak gold lounge sunset beach ice skating rooftop pool christmas lights the mexican restaurant casita suite water slides golf course beautiful property kids club main pool star resort self parking large bathroom
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 August 2021

My wife and I always enjoy staying at the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess. The grounds and swimming pools are beautiful and there are so many great dining choices that you really don't need to leave the resort.

Date of stay: August 2021
Fairmont Scottsdale, Agency / Consultant at Fairmont Scottsdale Princess, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2021

Dear jp24dmd,

Thank you for your sharing your positive review of the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess. We are pleased to hear that your experience has been so enjoyable with us and we have shared your positive comments with our team. Turning moments into memories is extremely important to our resort, so thank you for taking the time to post your experience.

Reviewed 11 August 2021

My daughter had her 13th bday party here and it was a wonderful place with the pools and dinner at La Hacienda!

They all enjoyed their time there walking around and having the freedom to have independence of teenagers.

The fireworks were spectacular as always!

Thanks again for a nice relaxing time for all.

Room tip: Casitas II or III or rooms by Beach Pool
Date of stay: August 2021
Fairmont Scottsdale, Agency / Consultant at Fairmont Scottsdale Princess, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2021

Dear katrinamN9752JB,

Thank you for your sharing such a special occasion with us, and for your positive review of the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess. We are pleased to hear that your experience has been so enjoyable with us and we have shared your positive comments with our team.

Reviewed 10 August 2021 via mobile

I paid for a Casita upgrade. Had an insect problem (probably due to being unoccupied for a while). Large for sure. Should be renovated.

Due to insects in the room, I asked to move to the main building the second night. Restroom was nice. Room, eh. Nothing to write home about.

Overall, grounds are absolutely gorgeous. Service is mixed - totally depends on who you encounter. The Front Desk Manager, Concierge, and Bartender were great. Others, meh. I would try the JW Marriott before staying here again.

I canceled my spa reservation because I didn't feel many of the employees were happy to help me (not spa related). No need go spend money at a place that doesn't offer genuine welcoming hospitality.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Fairmont Scottsdale, Agency / Consultant at Fairmont Scottsdale Princess, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2021

Dear hiyee,

Thank you for your sharing your feedback with us. We regret to hear about your less than stellar experience with us, and have escalated your feedback to our resort management team for resolution. In the meantime, please accept our sincere apology for the opportunities in your experience.

Rest assured, guest satisfaction is our top priority. Please reach out to me directly at nicole.thomure@fairmont.com so I can assist with resolving your concern.

Nicole Thomure

Reviewed 7 August 2021 via mobile

This will be one of what I feel maybe more but this is a first impression review. SERVICE…OUT OF THIS FRIGIN WORLD.

Beautiful grounds. Super friendly staff that aren’t pretentious and people that fix stuff and own it went things go just a little wrong.

It’s how’s you handle issues to me that really matters more.

Couple minor hiccups:

1. First room in building E was nice but super hot. The engineer tried to fix. Not like just changing a filter but the dude opened up the entire ceiling unit, went up into the ceiling and spent some real time trying. I tipped him well and thanked him but hours later still hot.

I called down and without even the slightest hesitation, they said we will be right up with a bellman to assist you in moving rooms.

Well they moved us to a multi upgraded room in the new Sunset Beach Pool room. Nice and cold interior hallways vs exterior hot hallways in other building and an absolutely beautiful room. Perfect, ice cold temps, much better beds vs the squishy bed we were in before with no support. Had amazing sleep and I can’t wait to thank them abs tell their manager they made our stay. Just awesome and again, no messing around. Just a much better more comfortable experience.

2. We are in Arizona and yeah, they have birds here or maybe bats. Well, we ate at the Ironhorse American Kitchen. First off, our waiter was just imcredible. Super fun, engaging and the dude knows how to get you excited about Pimento Cheese….lol. Service=perfection, food was unexpectedly a 10!!!!! But we saw this cute bird flying around and the doors were open so the place was super Africa Hot. Unfortunately really had hard time enjoying the amazing food but we still did.

What happened next was nuts. Out of nowhere, the General Mangaer walks up to our table and apologizes profusely and COMPS OUR ENTIRE MEAL. We had tons of Apps, 5 full entrees and they even brought out TWO amazing desserts. All free. Why we asked, they just said there was that “bird” but was honest and said it was a bat that got in. Absolutely not their fault at all. One cute little guy flying around and they really took it super seriously to rid the sweet thing out.

So unnecessary and unexpected. He went around to all the tables and did the same thing. Crazy great service.

So we will definitely be back. Kids said they had the best salmon they ever had there and we travel.

So again, they fix there stuff and don’t mess around.

This place is a 10!!!!!!

Room tip: Building E is hot
Trip type: Travelled with family
Fairmont Scottsdale, Agency / Consultant at Fairmont Scottsdale Princess, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2021

Dear mlrproductions,

Thank you for visiting us all the way from Connecticut, and for your sharing your positive review of the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess. We are pleased to hear that your experience has been so enjoyable with us and we have shared your positive comments with our team. Turning moments into memories is extremely important to our resort, so thank you for taking the time to post your experience.

Reviewed 5 August 2021 via mobile

I’ve always been a huge fan (we’ve stayed 3 times with our kiddos this summer). I had to call 6 times (yes, 6!) to get extra items we needed for our stay. Our air was broke, I called to report and they didn’t offer to look at it or come check it out, so because they weren’t willing I asked for two fans. The check-In was magical the other times we came, but this time it was rushed - no special space drinks and nobody engaged the kids (we stayed as part of the space odyssey, they loved this experience prior times). Pool was extremely dirty and nobody cleaning - poor service at pool, couldn’t even get food ordered. We ended up having random, incorrect charges on the room which is very frustrating. There was no golf cart service (we waited at stations for more than 20 min!) the guy that finally got us was rude and frustrated and stopped along the way to scold some kids that were fishing. I don’t know if we will go back. I had been a huge fan and like I said been there 3 times throughout the summer, but it’s clearly gone down hill and they don’t seem to care. It’s not a cheap stay, and take our kids somewhere every other weekend because we love to travel, but I won’t be rushing back here, if we go at all. We had a big friends trip we were planning in September, but we’re going to go somewhere else. Definitely didn’t feel appreciated here.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear TravelMomx3,

Thank you for being a guest and for sharing your feedback with us. We regret to hear about your less than stellar experience with us, and are happy to have connected with you to secure a resolution. Again, please accept our sincere apology for the opportunities in your experience.

Rest assured, guest satisfaction is our top priority, and we will surely take your feedback into consideration when working to improve our guest experience going forward. We look forward to welcoming you back again and will ensure your future stays with us are more enjoyable.

Lauren Phillips