“Second visit”

Goldwater Brewing Co.
Ranked #169 of 1,324 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Description: Goldwater Brewing Co. is a family owned and operated brewery with over 30+ years of brewing history, knowledge, passion and experience that allows them to push the boundaries of great craft beer. Located in Old Town, Scottsdale, Goldwater's industrial-contemporary styled tap room boasts 14+ of their very own craft beers including specialty one-off brews that they come up with on a whim - all served directly from their brite tanks and tap system. From brewing, to serving, to distributing, Goldwater Brewing Co. makes it convenient for their customers and clients to enjoy great beer in the Goldwater Tap Room, as well as at multiple bars, restaurants, and resorts around the valley of the sun. With the addition of using National Beverage Management to clean their beer lines at all distributed locations, Goldwater Brewing Co. can guarantee high quality beers poured at any and all locations that will serve them.
Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

This year, we visited Goldwater Brewing with someone new, and she was thoroughly impressed. Their prickly pear fruit-infused German ale, Desert Rose, is one of the best unique beers out there. They just released a pale ale version of Desert Rose, a bit more hop, both have what are the most intriguing colors for a beer you can find. Another of our party had Oats Magoates, a seasonal stout. The brown ale Machine Gun Teddy pays homage to the previous business in the location where Goldwater is now, a former gun shop.

Erik S, Owner at Goldwater Brewing Co., responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2018

Thanks for your awesome review! We're glad you enjoyed your beer and we're always happy to hear feedback like this. We hope to see you back in again soon!

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

I went here with my family. My dad and I loved it, as we’re beer people, and even brew as a hobby, so we enjoyed every beer we had. The other half of the family pretty much only drinks light beers, and they couldn’t find one that they liked.

Overall, the selection of beers isn’t huge, so only go here if you want to crush great,
locally brewed beers that are much better than your average Bud Light. If you’re lame and only drink shandies like my mother, go somewhere else.

The outdoor seating is nice, and I loved the atmosphere and independence of the place.

Love the review Mitch, thank you. We will definitely work on getting more Shandies on the menu so we can offer something great for every taste. Hope you return to see us next time you're in town!

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

I cannot decide if the Jalapeño popcorn helped with beer tasting or not, but had a flight of 5 oz sizes: award winning Machine Gun Teddy Brown Ale, also
Marvin the Marzen, and Oats Magotes oatmeal stout. Always good trying different brews, but none jumped out for me as my favorite...I am really wondering if the popcorn distracted my tastebuds...hmmm.

Erik S, Manager at Goldwater Brewing Co., responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Hi Mary and thank you for your review. Looks like you are due to come back in and do another tasting without the popcorn!!! We do hope to see you again soon to try some of our other beers and see if you have a new favorite.
Cheers,
Dillon McClelland
dillon@goldwaterbrewing.com

Reviewed 3 October 2017

I'm continually impressed by Arizona's craft breweries and Goldwater is no exception. I've been wanting to stop in here ever since they opened. I tried the Hop Chowda and the Desert Rose. I was pleasantly surprised by the Desert Rose. This is a cactus concoction I can get behind. It was crisp, refreshing, and not at all sweet. I like the small interior of Goldwater. It feels personal and intimate. All in all, I was happy to finally make it here. It definitely won't be my last visit.

Erik S, Manager at Goldwater Brewing Co., responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Great review, we're glad you enjoyed the beer! We're looking forward to your next visit as well!

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Stop here for cold craft beers on a hot Arizona day. Unique brews. Fun and friendly atmosphere. You will not be disappointed.

Thank for for the great review, we appreciate the kind words and hope to see you back in!