“Fascinating Experience with Knowledgeable Guide”
Review of Sedona Star Gazing

Sedona Star Gazing
Ranked #17 of 163 things to do in Sedona
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Sedona Stargazing is pleased to offer you a personalized and custom astronomy experience by professional astronomers. You will meet us at our observing location which is a 20 minute ride from West Sedona in the Village of Oak Creek. Your tour includes an overview of the constellations using a high power laser pointer. We then give you an up close view of planets, galaxies, star clusters and nebula through one of our large powerful telescopes. Our astronomers are exceptionally knowledgeable and provide you with an educational and entertaining experience. Chairs,blankets and oversized parka jackets for adults are provided. Sedona Stargazing has received the Award of Excellence 7 years in a row from TripAdvisor resulting in our induction into the TripAdvisor Hall of Fame. We have been featured in National Geographic and the New York Times and ranked by TripAdvisor as one of the top 10 Space Based Attractions in the entire United States.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 20 April 2018

Rick certainly knows his stars and constellations, and is truly enthusiastic about teaching! It's been a long time since I've seen such a star-filled sky, and it was beautiful. We learned so many interesting things. We are from Boston and went in April. We wore pants, long sleeves and light jackets. We "scoffed" at the company's suggestion to bring warm clothes. THEY WERE RIGHT! Thankfully, they provided parkas and blankets and we were very comfortable. Just a suggestion, bring your hats and mittens, even us tough Bostonians needed them! :-)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,097)
All reviews
"dark sky"
in 42 reviews
"star clusters"
in 38 reviews
"the international space station"
in 26 reviews
"provide chairs"
"night skies"
"binary star"

Reviewed 17 April 2018

This is one of the best and most unique activities to do in Sedona. My husband and I had such a fabulous time, even though the night we chose was 40 degrees! The sky was crystal clear, and we were surrounded by a blanket of stars. Our guide was very knowledgeable. We saw a bounty of constellations, and viewed so many cool astronomical sites through the telescope (like a white dwarf, and Jupiter!). I was pointing out constellations to my husband, every night after our star gazing adventure. We had a blast, and definitely recommend this activity!

2  Thank aeris984
Reviewed 17 April 2018

We did the 10pm viewing and it was great. Rick was our astronomer and he was fantastic - very engaging and quite funny. It was amazing what we were able to see. I'd definitely recommend doing this - the sky is incredible out there.

2  Thank charlotteapatten
Reviewed 16 April 2018

We booked with Sedona Star Gazing on March 22, 2018. The forecast ended being cloudy that night so we were sent a text that afternoon with the option of cancelling or rescheduling. We thought we'd try our luck for the next day.

Directions to the site were easy to follow and very clear. When we got there, they took attendance and asked us to stay in the car until the scheduled time. It was pretty organized considering it was pitch dark!! The guides came to get us when it was time and divided us into groups, then led us to where they had everything set up. The guide we had warned us right away that it was cloudy again tonight but that we would try and see if it would clear up as the night went on.

We were able to see a few constellations and the moon (amazing) and learned little about what we saw. Unfortunately, shortly after it was decided that we would not be able to see much more. I was maybe expecting a partial refund, since the stargazing wasn't completely cancelled. I was pleasantly surprised when we were told we'd get a full one and it was quickly processed a day or two later.

I'm disappointed that the weather was not cooperative with us that night but I hope that we'll return again soon for another try.

P.S. As we continued our travels, my husband actually was able to identify some of the constellations we learned about! Clearly, you guys made an impression on him too!

2  Thank Sammy_Hayhay