“They should be ashambed”

Sedona Motion Picture Museum
Ranked #144 of 158 things to do in Sedona
Reviewed 24 January 2015

After one day in Sedona I am beginning to wonder if any business here isn't a front for a timeshare pitch. These guys are operating out of "museums" and, even worse in my opionin, "visitor centers" that appear legit until you step inside, see 12 brouchures behind a counter and the pitch begins.

4  Thank cabingal

Reviewed 8 September 2014

Where are you staying? Condo owner? these are their important questions....No need to visit this "museum". The list of movies ended about 30 years ago......Not much to learn here, exept how to upgrade or buy more timeshares!!

4  Thank tryin2
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I guess I either arrived too late in the day after all of the pushy sales folk went home, or I didn't look like I could afford the time shares many of the other reviewers mention, but I received not one iota of sales pressure. My girlfriend often says I look 15 in certain lights (haha, and I hope I really do-haha,) so that might have explained it, who knows. Either way... this was a fascinating, albeit small, display of movie stills of flicks filmed in the surrounding "Red Rocks" areas. My only wish is as some folks have echoed, that it included more prop than picture, and could be a bit larger. Perhaps a pink jeep type tour of the filming locations would draw more crowds and negate the financial need to hock rental/vacation properties.

1  Thank TiffMateas
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Some of the photos are cool. It is a timeshare solicitation. The place they are pitching is nice. Timeshares are way too pricey to buy form any developer though. That said, if you want to get a reward for listening to a 90 minute pitch, consider it. If it goes 2 hrs, a jeep tour goes at $60 each. Is the jeep tour worth $30 an hour? We think of these presentations as earning a little extra money on vacation.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

It was a total time waste visiting this damn museum. In our tour we spent some time in Sedona and wasted time visiting Sedona motion picture museum. We stayed at The Lodge At Sedona for B&B where we enquired about the viewable places and the staff told us that this place is not worth visiting still name museum associated to it. A room some images and a ridiculous movie was the only thing present there. I suggest not sparing your time for such a place. And skip the idea of visiting the museum.
There is lot more to do and see in Sedona like hiking, buggy driving, watching Red Rock and Cathedral Rock. We had a trip full of adventures and spent time close to nature in Sedona.

3  Thank DebooS