“Needs Updating; Knowledgeable Staff”

Sedona Motion Picture Museum
Ranked #154 of 163 things to do in Sedona
Reviewed 24 May 2015

We stopped in the little motion picture museum out of pure curiosity. There were a lot of films around the Sedona area! The small space is filled with dusty photos and some artifacts from the films. It could use a little upkeep but it is free to poke around and the gentleman working there was incredibly knowledgeable and passionate about talking about the history of the films.

1  Thank SeacoastSally

Reviewed 4 March 2015

Quaint setting and short stopover. A good place to see if the kids are intrested in this type of exhibit. Don't get too excited, it's not the Museum like Lone Pine, Ca..

1  Thank Christopher H
Reviewed 24 January 2015

After one day in Sedona I am beginning to wonder if any business here isn't a front for a timeshare pitch. These guys are operating out of "museums" and, even worse in my opionin, "visitor centers" that appear legit until you step inside, see 12 brouchures behind a counter and the pitch begins.

5  Thank cabingal
Reviewed 8 September 2014

Where are you staying? Condo owner? these are their important questions....No need to visit this "museum". The list of movies ended about 30 years ago......Not much to learn here, exept how to upgrade or buy more timeshares!!

4  Thank tryin2
See more reviews
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I guess I either arrived too late in the day after all of the pushy sales folk went home, or I didn't look like I could afford the time shares many of the other reviewers mention, but I received not one iota of sales pressure. My girlfriend often says I look 15 in certain lights (haha, and I hope I really do-haha,) so that might have explained it, who knows. Either way... this was a fascinating, albeit small, display of movie stills of flicks filmed in the surrounding "Red Rocks" areas. My only wish is as some folks have echoed, that it included more prop than picture, and could be a bit larger. Perhaps a pink jeep type tour of the filming locations would draw more crowds and negate the financial need to hock rental/vacation properties.

1  Thank TiffMateas