1,022 results
All reviewstime sharefire pitfull kitchenactivity centercold stone creamerywildflower cafered rockswildflower bread companypool areabedroom unitwasher dryershops and restaurantstimeshare ownersping pongamazing viewstimeshare presentationfitness center
Reviewed 12 May 2018

The Awesome:
Hyatt Pinon Pointe is condo style timeshare which means spacious accommodations, kitchenettes in studios and full kitchens with a W/D in 1 and 2 BR units. It is the only way to vacation for me. Kitchens are well appointed if you’re ambitious, or frugal, enough to want to cook a real dinner. While studio balconies don’t have a view, 1 and 2 BR units generally do, and on all three of my trips they’ve been excellent.

Landscaping is well maintained and like much of the resort blends in with the native terrain. The real gem of the resort is the elevated pool which offers spectacular views of the south, including cathedral rock, and east, Snoopy Rock. Grills, all immaculately clean, were available for use in two different areas.

Fitness center is on site, if you still have energy after hiking. The locker room there also has facilities to shower which I availed myself of allowing me to check out, hike, return and clean up before heading to PHX for my redeye. Facilities were clean, with towels, shampoo, soap and conditioner available for use.

Excellent central location at the “Y” at 179 and 89A within walking distance of shops and restaurants. Numerous grocery stores, Whole Foods, Safeway etc are a short ride away to stock up your kitchen. Parking was ample and I was generally very close to my unit. I don’t believe that there is a better located resort, although traffic can be an issue.

Staff were professional, and friendly. Check in/out was brutally efficient.

Already planning on coming back!

Not So Good
The only negative is that the resort sprawls on a hillside and as a result has stairs, lots of stairs. Doubtlessly there are some ADA units, but if you have mobility issues you should carefully consider staying here.

The Odd
As noted the resort is a timeshare and Hyatt has gone from selling fixed weeks, the right to occupy a specific unit at a specific time to selling points, their Portfolio Program. As a Hyatt owner I was curious about the new program and opted to attend the presentation both for the incentive and the information. Timeshare sales pitches have a sinister reputation for being both far longer than promised and very aggressive, generally not the case with the upper brands including Hyatt. If you’re approached and the incentive interests you I fairly confident that the salespeople will be respectful of your time and that no extraordinary pressure will be applied, but there could always be that one guy. However, I left with only vague understanding of the new system, but with a folder which I assumed contained more detailed information, it didn’t. I contacted the sales group thinking it was an oversight and asked to pick up documents detailing the new system. I was told that program documents are only provided to owners, that is, after you part tens of thousands. I spoke to several reps, working my way to the manager. People were friendly and professional, willing to answer my questions and we had good discussions, but written info that I could take with me on fees, points cost, banking/borrowing windows, when points are granted etc wasn’t available. I was able to review the documents and take notes, but it was odd. Considering that we live in an age where people, thanks to the web, can scope out restaurant menus for prices, review various dishwashers before buying and research several models of vehicles for reliability, mileage and cost it was strange that Hyatt would not only expect that someone would part with tens of thousands of dollars, but initiate an annual financial commitment of $2K+ that would last a life time without detailed information. The Portfolio program was only recently developed and it seemed that it wasn’t yet fully formed. In light of the excellent values to be found on the secondary market for units in top brands like Marriott, DVC and Westin, Hyatt needs to clearly demonstrate the value added not only to new customers, but especially to existing owners.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Otto P
Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

Great location, great service. Easy to walk to Uptown Sedona. Our room looks at the Snoopy Rock. Fantastic pool with Million Dollar views. Everything about this place is first class, from weight room to pool to front desk. Concierge can assist with anything you need . Will plan on coming back next year!!!!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Larry H
Jami C, Senior Resort Manager at Hyatt Residence Club Sedona, Pinon Pointe, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Dear Larry H, We really appreciate your review of the resort and sharing about the amazing views from around the property. We look forward to having you return next year. Warm regards, Jami Champagne

Reviewed 1 May 2018

This place is really nice. I would say this is a high end time share the spot in downtown Sedona is in the perfect spot very centrally located to everything. There is plenty of shopping and places to eat within walking distance and just a short drive in either direction. The rooms were nicely done and roomy. We were in a bottom floor with a patio that had great views. There were some cons like no music or pool bar at the pool but that meant we just brought our own which was kind of nice, it all depends on how you look at it. The people at the front desk were also a little cold when we had to ask them anything but they warmed up by the end of the conversation. They also offer a Star Gazing event on Wednesday nights and it was awesome. The guy who does is an astronomer that has been doing it for 30 years and he made the night. I would highly recommend doing this if you stay there. We will stay here again when we go back. They also had a steam room that was out of service but I will use it when I go back. They say the pool is heated but I thought it could have been a little warmer. There were also only 2 packages of coffee in our room and none in the lock-off. You had to use both to make a decent pot of coffee.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank hank3512
Jami C, Resort Manager at Hyatt Residence Club Sedona, Pinon Pointe, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Dear hank3512, Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. I appreciate all of your feedback and will certainly share your praises about the Stargazing with Dennis Young. We agree that he does a wonderful job and we look forward to continuing to offer Stargazing for our guests. I will also share your feedback with our Front Desk team as we want to be warm and welcoming at all times. I will also look into the pool temperature as we want for our heated pool to be comfortable for all of our guests throughout the year. We look forward to welcoming you back and please let me know when you return and I will make sure to have some extra coffee placed in your unit. Warm Regards, Jami Champagne

Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

We liked staying at the Hyatt. The location is fantastic- within walking distance of Sedona’s downtown shops and restaurants. The pool and hot tub area has some of the best views around. Watching a sunset at this property is epic! Our studio room was fine. A bit dark overall but the queen bed was comfy and everything was clean.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rubysoho111
Jami C, Resort Manager at Hyatt Residence Club Sedona, Pinon Pointe, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2018

Dear Rubysoho111, Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed our great location, the wonderful views from the pool and hot tubs and the overall cleanliness of the studio. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future. Warm regards, Jami Champagne

Reviewed 23 April 2018

We booked for our anniversary weekend. 3 nights for $249 which included a bonus if you attended their presentation to buy into their residence program. We chose Sedona because of the beautiful scenery. Our patio was against a hill, very little sunlight visible, never mind a view of the red rocks. It felt like being in a basement. At the presentation they knew it was our anniversary and we didn’t want to spend much time. We were told it would take 1 hour, it was 2.5 hours before they would give us our bonus for attending. The first woman we saw was great, understood our circumstances and knew we weren’t going to buy. Another person came by, tried different tactics. When it was still “no” yet another person came in and that one was more aggressive to the point where I was getting upset and had to walk away. My husband stayed to get our “bonus” papers signed. Not the best way to spend our anniversary - no one addressed our unhappiness with the room, we were pressured, felt uncomfortable and they did not respect the fact that it was our anniversary. On a positive note - the one bedroom suite is spacious, well appointed, lovely, was just missing a view. The $249 deal sounds great, but we would have been better off spending more $ and staying somewhere better to celebrate.

Room Tip: Terrible view. I don’t know if you spend more $ if you could get better.
Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DebSPQ

Dear DebSPQ, I appreciate you taking the time to share about your recent experience. Please accept my sincere apology for how your tour went. I will share your feedback with our Sales & Marketing team to ensure we address the aggressive manor in which you felt you were treated. This is not how we want any of our tour guests to feel. I do invite you to contact me directly so that I may obtain more information and personally apologize to you at jami.champagne@hyattvoi.com. I do hope that we are able to welcome you back in the future to provide you with the experience you should have been able to enjoy for your anniversary. Sincerely, Jami Champagne