“A great lunch. ”
Review of Barking Frog Grille - CLOSED

Barking Frog Grille
Price range: US$14 - US$32
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Description: After ten dedicated years of serving the Sedona community and its visitors, the Barking Frog Grille will be closing on September 4th. After renovations to the building and the addition of a 700 sq. ft. dining patio offering great Red Rock views in West Sedona, the new concept of QUALITY KITCHEN + BAR will be introduced on September 21st. We are forever grateful to the Sedona community for its support and interest in the Barking Frog Grille, but are now equally enthusiastic about the opportunity to partner with Executive Chef Michael Clancy to bring you QUALITY KITCHEN + BAR. View our Sample Menu at www.qualitykitchenandbar.com
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Great food. Friendly and prompt service. Excellent Prickly-Pear Margaritas. Their cactus fries are out of this world along with their Mac and Cheese.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

We were a party of 8 and we all enjoyed our meals. I loved the fried fish taco's and my husband enjoyed the grilled fish tacos. Service was pretty good. They are in a transition to change to a new name and menu(Quality Kitchen and Grill???). What wrong with Barking Frog--it is unique! We thought it already had a pretty good southwest Mexican menu.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

Sorry Barking Frog...you have a cool atmosphere but don't make the most of it at all. The service was marginal, thank you to the manager who actually checked on our drinks which were supposed to be margaritas but tasted like lemonade. My dinner companion asked if they used a different recipe for the happy hour margaritas and he said yes. In my decades of working in the service industry, mostly as a bartender and bar manager I have NEVER hear of an establishment altering a recipe for happy hour...a smaller portion perhaps but not the bland lemonade we received. We ordered a second round and asked for the regular house margaritas and received the same exact terrible drink as round one but were charged full price. The "famous cactus fries" were soggy & dripping in rancid oil...such a bummer. The mushroom taco was actually very good and for that reason and the manager's service is the only reason I give you a poor rating instead of terrible. Such a waste of a beautiful space when the are so many other excellent choices in Sedona like the Javalina Cantina and Elote for Mexican food. Step up your game...you have such great potential.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Dinner was the enjoyable. Restaurant has gluten free options available but we also have dairy concerns as well. Food was good but they did put butter on the vegetables which they did replace. The Barking Frog Margarita is something I would recommend.

Reviewed 18 August 2017

We did the happy hour and they had a nice selection and drink specials. The place is super cute and huge. They have patio dining , which I love.
Very Southewestern and keeps with Arizona.
I would go back to try a meal.