“Great food and drinks”
Review of Los Corrales

Los Corrales
Ranked #7 of 67 Restaurants in Show Low
Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

We arrived an hour before Happy Hour ended (2-5pm, Monday - Saturday) and managed two marguaritas apiece (at $2.95 each) with our meal. The drinks were much better than we expected for such a small town and the price. The food was also surprisingly good.

My partner had a combination dinner of an enchilada and a chile relleno and I had the pork carnitas plate. The combo was better than average and the carnitas was quite good. Plus, we have an entire extra meal for the two of us that we took home from our leftovers. The salsa grew on us, at first tasting only like tomato sauce but after three of four dips of the chips turned out to be quite tasty.

I make my own carnitas, so am a bit picky about them, and I have to say, these were some of the best "store bought" carnitas I have had. Would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

Don't be fooled by the outside appearance. The interior decor is bright and beautiful. The service was prompt with drinks, warm chips and salsa brought swiftly. For being in AZ, lots of seafood options were on the menu. Generous tasty portions and reasonable prices will lead to return visits. It appears to be a favorite of the locals as well as travelers.

Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

Los Corrales in Pinetop is my favorite Mexican restaurant. Been going for years and it's always fabulous. We have been to this ShowLow one and it has been good too. But not this time. First the salsa was sweet and overpowered by oregano. Awful. So I ordered the hot salsa but it also had that catsup and oregano taste. Blech. Then our plates arrived so of course I took my first bite of what is always delicious, the refried beans. Except this time they refried seriously UNDERCOOKED beans. Crunch crunch yikes. Then the enchilada had maybe a tablespoon of sauce on it (!!) but the enchilada itself was like always. They've raised their lunch plates by $1 each surely they shouldn't skimp the sauce. Last the chile relleno was like always, fluffy and delicious. Sigh. I'll stick with The Pinetop store. I'm hoping this was just a bad day with the regular chef on vacation

1  Thank susanr47
Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

If you are staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Show Low, there is no need to hunt and drive for a good local place. Looks s Corrales is a local, family owned Mexican Restaurant. In addition to authentic Mexican food, its steaks are also excellent! It is a "go to" regular place when I am in Show Low for business or pleasure.

Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

We eat here often and the food is always fantastic. The best mexican food on the mountain, in my opinion of course. The seafood on the menu has great taste and is fresh for not living by the ocean. Ask for there queso dip for your chips.... good stuff!