“Nice assortment of food”
Review of Country House

Country House
Ranked #19 of 137 Restaurants in Sierra Vista
Reviewed 9 February 2018

I had lunch here on a Thursday early afternoon with eight other friends. The parking lot was near full and I was afraid it would be too loud inside. Instead, we were seated in a quiet back room where our cacophony bothered no one else. We were promptly waited on. We all drank water or iced tea. Those who drank water could help themselves to a carafe our server placed in the middle of the table. Some of us ordered breakfast items, but I ordered a Philadelphia chicken cheesesteak. It was served with an order of crispy fries on the side. The sandwich had ample chicken, too. No one complained. The price is right, too.

The decor inside is very calming, in pastel hues of green and brown. Lots of framed pictures and trinkets adorn the walls. It looked well tended to.

I enjoyed my meal. In my 13 years in town, this was only my second visit. My first time was for a Thanksgiving dinner which wasn't very good at all. The turkey was processed meat and the mashed potatoes were instant. It was very disappointing for $14.99, with pumpkin pie an extra $2.99. My second visit today was much better: the food was fresh and tasty. I'll make sure I come here more often except for Thanksgiving.

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed 4 February 2018

When you visit a new place, you try the local restaurants and decide which ones you want to revisit. Country House has become a favorite of ours, both for lunch and for dinner. This review is about our first experience. This is a charming restaurant that is clean, sporting a country motif. It has back rooms for large gatherings. We sat at a booth in the main dining area each time we ate there. We tried the Country House the first week we arrived in Sierra Vista. For some reason, and this is rare, my husband and I both had the tuna salad. You might not be impressed by our mutual selection, but you need to try it! Each entree-sized salad arrived on a bed of fresh lettuce, grated cheese, and four pita points. The star of the salad, however, was the tuna salad. At many restaurants you would be lucky to get a medium-sized scoop. I swear there was about a 1.5 cup serving of good tasting tuna salad. We both enjoyed this first lunch and appreciated the friendly service. On other visits, my husband tried the Reuben and the Meatloaf Melt (which he said was his 'new favorite way to eat meatloaf.) I enjoyed the Rainbow Trout, substituting mashed potatoes for the rice pilaf. And, yes, I also ordered the Tuna Salad one more time. It's THAT good! Of course, we'll be back and may suggest it as a venue for guests we're expecting to visit us!

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank divaw0rld
Reviewed 27 January 2018

Love this place. Good service, cozy atmosphere, friendly and prompt wait staff. Food is always hot and served fresh. Breakfasts and sandwiches are delish.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 22 December 2017

Good was tasty and good. Price was a little high. Portions were average. Atmosphere was cosy and comfortable.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 17 August 2017

This a nice family friendly place to go. The menu has a great variety for all family members to choose from. If you go away hungry shame on you for the portions are very generous. The wait staff is there to serve you with a nice smile, makes you feel like home

Date of visit: August 2017