“Delicious Indian Food”
Review of The Dhaba

The Dhaba
Reserve with OpenTable
The Dhaba is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 870 Restaurants in Tempe
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The embodiment of food in the spirit of the nation is an integral part of its identity. Our Dhaba is the embodiment of Punjabi food and Punjab - a state that has been the envy of the nation (India). In India and Pakistan, highways are dotted with local restaurants popularly known as 'Dhabas', providing local cuisine and serving as stops for truck drivers. Dhabas are traditionally characterized by casual seating on cots (called chaarpai in Hindi) and food prepared in clay ovens (tandoor). Over time Dhabas have come to define a culture, centered on food. Real Punjabi has been influenced by the diverse culinary cultures of Persia, Afghanistan and Central Asia. Punjab provided a conduit to caravans from Bukhara, Kabul & Kashmir. The wonderful frontier foods intertwined with the rich stream of Hindu, Sikh, Pathan, Muslim and Kashmiri migrants enriched the Punjabi cuisine. Our Dhaba food is non monolithic. It's simple. It's rich. It's robust. It's diverse. Please join our chefs and staff to explore real food prepared by real people.
Reviewed 16 January 2018

Very attentive staff and delicious food (including gluten free); they really know what they do!
We'll be back!

Raveen D, Owner at The Dhaba, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

Eliane, thank you so much for taking a moment to leave a review. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed the service you received along with the menu options. I hope to see you again soon! Best, Raveen (Owner)

Reviewed 2 January 2018

A pleasant surprise to find this small restaurant that served great well cooked Indian cuisine. Am quite new to Indian food but I loved the experience.

Raveen D, Owner at The Dhaba, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

Amy, thank you so much for your kind words. I am so happy that you enjoyed your experience at The Dhaba. I hope to see you again. Have a wonderful day! Best, Raveen (Owner)

Reviewed 24 December 2017

Typically north Indian food (Punjab). Good for people who love Indian spice curry. Good ambiance and service. Serves both veg and non veg.

Raveen D, Owner at The Dhaba, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

Srini52, thank you for taking a moment to leave a review and rating. I am so pleased that you enjoyed the food and ambiance of The Dhaba! I hope to see you again. Best, Raveen (Owner)

Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

Where we live in the West Valley we don’t have an opportunity for high quality Indian cuisine, so it was a real treat for us to visit The Dhaba and enjoy their restaurant. Both the service and food quality was excellent and we enjoyed watching the other diners’ food choices. Will definitely return again when we are in the area. I would’ve given this five stars except that I felt $3 for two pieces of naan wasn’t a very good value....how about making it 3 pieces for $3? Or increasing the portion size?

Raveen D, Owner at The Dhaba, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

DesertDuke, thank you so much for your kind words. I am so happy that you enjoyed your food and service! I am pleased to know that you will return again when you are in town! I look forward to seeing you again! Have a good day. Best, Raveen (Owner)

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

I had heard about this place from my husband, but wasn't sure if I wanted Indian food soon after a flight. I sure am glad we made this trip. The ambience is thoroughly reminiscent of an Indian village Dhaba, complete with a rickshaw at the entrance. Our salt lassis had the right amount of spice, perfect for the Arizona summer.
Our palak paneer was mildly spicy and without the overpowering taste of spinach. Their Punjabi daal is mouthwatering with a profusion of spices to tantalize the taste buds. There was a bhindi entree which took the cake. All the dishes were cooked with minimum oil. The assortment of rotis included kulchas, naan, aalo parathas, and rotis. The quantities look deceptively little, but they are quite filling.
This place gets packed around lunchtime. Overall a fairly decent place with mouthwatering food.

Raveen D, Owner at The Dhaba, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

Jiyer2016, thank you so much for taking a moment to leave a review and rating. I am so happy that you enjoyed your experience and that you were satisfied with your meal! I hope to see you again soon. Have a great day. Best, Raveen (Owner)